Skip to main content

Review: Second to None (The Breakfast Club Book 3) by Felice Stevens

Review of Second to None (The Breakfast Club Book 3) by Felice Stevens



Marcus didn't believe in love or relationships. He didn't need them or want them. After all, why bother with a relationship with someone who wouldn't put him first, the way his parents had his whole life? He was the manwhore in his circle of friends, and it had always served him well. Until it didn't. Until a gorgeous dancer at his club brought Marcus to his knees. All his arrogance and cockiness had not prepared him for the feelings he'd develop for Tyler and an adorable little girl.


Tyler had big dreams - dreams that involved dancing professionally on Broadway. But when his young niece, Lillie, is placed in his care when his sister disappears, Tyler did what family does, and sacrificed his dream for his niece. Dancing at Marcus' club is just a way for him to make big tips, the tips he needs to care for Lillie. Tyler's supremely proud, and stubborn, and doesn't like to ask for, or accept, help, but when Marcus offers, Tyler knows he needs to accept for his niece's sake. Accepting more might be off the table, though. Can these two closed off men allow themselves to fall in love, but not just fall, allow themselves to trust and rely on each other?


This is the second MM romance of Felice Stevens' that I've read, and I like it almost as much as the first one I read, James—Uncontrollable. I loved seeing Marcus open himself up to love and Tyler open himself up to accepting help. Their chemistry is smokin' hot and Lillie is one adorable little girl. She's a little too adult for her actual age, but she's a great addition to the male dominated cast of characters. I haven't read any of the other stories in this series, but it was easy to see that the friends in Marcus' circle are tight. I can't wait to go back and read their stories, too.


Considering how much I've enjoyed both the stories of Felice Stevens' that I've inhaled, I have decided I'm a fan for life, and am looking forward to a lot more from her.


ARC via Booksprout.

#bookreview #SecondToNone #FeliceStevens #TheBreakfastClubSeries #ARC #MMromance #MMfiction #gay #gayfiction #LGBTQ #Booksprout





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!