Review of Take Me in the Night by R.L. Kenderson
Addison and Maddox were high school sweethearts. It didn't matter to Addison that he was from the wrong side of the tracks, she loved him regardless. But it did matter to people in her life, and because of those people when Maddox was arrested for a crime he didn't commit, Addison wasn't privy to what happened to him afterward. All she knew was that he up and left her with no explanation. She was so upset about thinking he was charged with a crime that he didn't commit, that she became a lawyer to help people like him. Now, years later, she's her hometown's only lawyer, and she's helping make the community a better place. And then Maddox comes home and the chemistry between the two hasn't waned, if anything, it's gotten hotter. But, he seems angry at her for some reason, when it's she who has the right to be mad at him. Right?
I liked Take Me in the Night. I didn't love it or anything, but I thought it was a hot second chance romance. I can't say that I connected with Maddox, he's fairly one-note, but Addison is an interesting character. The story line is pretty easy to figure out and the mystery is pretty predictable, but it's entertaining and as I said before, their chemistry is really hot, so 3.5 stars seems right.
ARC via Booksprout.
#bookreview #RLKenderson #newrelease #secondchanceromance #Booksprout #ARC
Addison and Maddox were high school sweethearts. It didn't matter to Addison that he was from the wrong side of the tracks, she loved him regardless. But it did matter to people in her life, and because of those people when Maddox was arrested for a crime he didn't commit, Addison wasn't privy to what happened to him afterward. All she knew was that he up and left her with no explanation. She was so upset about thinking he was charged with a crime that he didn't commit, that she became a lawyer to help people like him. Now, years later, she's her hometown's only lawyer, and she's helping make the community a better place. And then Maddox comes home and the chemistry between the two hasn't waned, if anything, it's gotten hotter. But, he seems angry at her for some reason, when it's she who has the right to be mad at him. Right?
I liked Take Me in the Night. I didn't love it or anything, but I thought it was a hot second chance romance. I can't say that I connected with Maddox, he's fairly one-note, but Addison is an interesting character. The story line is pretty easy to figure out and the mystery is pretty predictable, but it's entertaining and as I said before, their chemistry is really hot, so 3.5 stars seems right.
ARC via Booksprout.
#bookreview #RLKenderson #newrelease #secondchanceromance #Booksprout #ARC


Comments
Post a Comment