Review of Craft Brew (Trouble Brewing Book 2) by Layla Reyne
Cam (Cameron) and Nic (Dominic) have been a couple for months now and Cam wants Nic to move in. Nic is still struggling with the repercussions of his father's actions, though, and doesn't want anything to fall back on Cam, so he's holding back. And then Cam gets the call to come home to his family when an emergency happens. Will it spur Nic to realize just how he feels about Cam? And what about Cam? He may be completely sure of his sexuality and his love for Nic, but his family is in the dark about it. He can't possibly come out to them when one of his family is fighting for their lives, can he?
And in the background, there are shadows slithering around, causing both Nic and Cam more distress. Can they fight back and secure their future? Can't they catch a break and be allowed to be in love without all the extraneous things getting in the way?
Whew, I loved Craft Brew! Even though I haven't read the first book in this series, or any of the series this is apparently a spinoff of, I was easily able to get into Cam and Nic's story. They are such amazing characters - strong and decisive and so head over heels in love with each other. I cannot wait for the next part of their story! This one ended in a sort of HFN way so I know more is coming. I wish it had been a HEA, but as there's more to be told, I can deal with the sort of vague-ish ending. At least I know these two are happy and happily in love, so I'm happy.
ARC via NetGalley.
#bookreview #newrelease #LaylaReyne #TroubleBrewingSeries #contemporaryromance #romanticsuspense #MMromance #MMfiction #gayfiction #gayromance #LGBTQ #NetGalley #ARC
Cam (Cameron) and Nic (Dominic) have been a couple for months now and Cam wants Nic to move in. Nic is still struggling with the repercussions of his father's actions, though, and doesn't want anything to fall back on Cam, so he's holding back. And then Cam gets the call to come home to his family when an emergency happens. Will it spur Nic to realize just how he feels about Cam? And what about Cam? He may be completely sure of his sexuality and his love for Nic, but his family is in the dark about it. He can't possibly come out to them when one of his family is fighting for their lives, can he?
And in the background, there are shadows slithering around, causing both Nic and Cam more distress. Can they fight back and secure their future? Can't they catch a break and be allowed to be in love without all the extraneous things getting in the way?
Whew, I loved Craft Brew! Even though I haven't read the first book in this series, or any of the series this is apparently a spinoff of, I was easily able to get into Cam and Nic's story. They are such amazing characters - strong and decisive and so head over heels in love with each other. I cannot wait for the next part of their story! This one ended in a sort of HFN way so I know more is coming. I wish it had been a HEA, but as there's more to be told, I can deal with the sort of vague-ish ending. At least I know these two are happy and happily in love, so I'm happy.
ARC via NetGalley.
#bookreview #newrelease #LaylaReyne #TroubleBrewingSeries #contemporaryromance #romanticsuspense #MMromance #MMfiction #gayfiction #gayromance #LGBTQ #NetGalley #ARC




Comments
Post a Comment