Review of The Bastard (Filthy Duet Book 1) by Lisa Renee Jones
Eric is the bastard son of the Kingston family. The unwanted son. The GENIUS son. When he meets his new stepsister, Harper, at one of his father's endless ridiculous I'm so rich parties, he knows he wants her. But, he can't have her, not really. So he leaves and doesn't see her again for 6 more years when she walks into his office asking for his help. Eric knows better than to help someone who works for his family, someone who IS his family. And yet, those old feelings he had for her 6 years ago are still there, just lying dormant, so he gives in, even knowing that he perhaps shouldn't really trust her. So help her he does. Helps her find out what's really going on with the family's business empire. And along the way, he falls hard for her, even though in the back of his mind, he knows he shouldn't really trust her. And then that pesky cliffhanger and now I'm anxiously awaiting the next book because I have to know what the heck Eric is going to do about his Harper. Because she is most definitely his, even if he isn't of that frame of mind at the end of The Bastard.
The Dirty Rich series has its share of alphas, but Eric is by far my favorite. He's a literal GENIUS for one, and nothing is sexier than an intelligent man. He's a complex blend of arrogant and vulnerable, he's a former Navy SEAL, he's got tattoos all over, and he's hot. What more could you ask for in a bbf? Harper didn't really impress me much in this installment, but I have a feeling she just may redeem herself in The Princess. I hope so, because Eric deserves an equally amazing heroine and an HEA for the ages.
ARC via author.
#bookreview #TheBastard #FilthyDuet #LisaReneeJones #newrelease #contemporaryromance #ARC
Eric is the bastard son of the Kingston family. The unwanted son. The GENIUS son. When he meets his new stepsister, Harper, at one of his father's endless ridiculous I'm so rich parties, he knows he wants her. But, he can't have her, not really. So he leaves and doesn't see her again for 6 more years when she walks into his office asking for his help. Eric knows better than to help someone who works for his family, someone who IS his family. And yet, those old feelings he had for her 6 years ago are still there, just lying dormant, so he gives in, even knowing that he perhaps shouldn't really trust her. So help her he does. Helps her find out what's really going on with the family's business empire. And along the way, he falls hard for her, even though in the back of his mind, he knows he shouldn't really trust her. And then that pesky cliffhanger and now I'm anxiously awaiting the next book because I have to know what the heck Eric is going to do about his Harper. Because she is most definitely his, even if he isn't of that frame of mind at the end of The Bastard.
The Dirty Rich series has its share of alphas, but Eric is by far my favorite. He's a literal GENIUS for one, and nothing is sexier than an intelligent man. He's a complex blend of arrogant and vulnerable, he's a former Navy SEAL, he's got tattoos all over, and he's hot. What more could you ask for in a bbf? Harper didn't really impress me much in this installment, but I have a feeling she just may redeem herself in The Princess. I hope so, because Eric deserves an equally amazing heroine and an HEA for the ages.
ARC via author.
#bookreview #TheBastard #FilthyDuet #LisaReneeJones #newrelease #contemporaryromance #ARC


Comments
Post a Comment