Skip to main content

Review: A Brand New Ending (Stay Book 2) by Jennifer Probst

Review of A Brand New Ending (Stay Book 2) by Jennifer Probst



Kyle's back in his hometown for one reason - to get back his love, Ophelia. Yes, he's also back to write his newest screenplay, but that's secondary to what he really wants. But, when it becomes apparent to him that not only does Ophelia not realize he's back in town, but, more significantly, she doesn't want him back, what's a desperate man to do? Perhaps his best friend, Ethan, Ophelia's brother, will help. Of course, Ethan has no idea what happened between his sister and his best friend, except that they had a falling out 10 years previous. In a nice twist, Ophelia falls ill, and Kyle is the only one there to take care of her and her family's inn. After that, how can Ophelia say no to letting him stay the three months he needs to get past his writer's block? And, sneakily, worm his way back into Ophelia's heart.

I love second chance romances, IF the two deserve a second chance. I'm still not sure Kyle deserved a second chance, but Ophelia definitely deserved happiness, so I can give Kyle a pass even though I never liked him or connected with him. But, I liked the rest of the story so even though Kyle left me cold, I think 4 stars is fair. I love that this is a story of forgiveness and healing, and the secondary cast is superb. I hope Ophelia and Ethan's sister Harper's story is next, because she's hiding a lot underneath that seemingly placid exterior, I think!

ARC via NetGalley.


#bookreview #ABrandNewEnding #StaySeries #JenniferProbst #secondchanceromance #brothersbestfriend #contemporaryromance #NetGalley #ARC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...