Review of Daddy Hot Pants (Daddy Duet Book 1) by Ember-Raine Winters
Jason has suffered through a terrible incident that even now, 8 years later, has left him scarred. He carries the guilt of that to this day, and it's made him wary of opening up, so wary that it's caused his latest relationship disintegrate when Tiffany refuses to be with someone who won't tell her about his past. Will Jason ever open up to Tiffany or are they doomed to live their lives apart?
I'm of two minds about how to rate Daddy Hot Pants. On one hand, I liked Tiffany and the story itself, but I felt like I was underwater for most of it. The story dove right in without giving enough of a backstory. It was as if I was watching a TV series and came in halfway through the season. On the other hand, I couldn't stand Jason. He's about the weakest male character I've read in forever. I get insecurities and demons, but come on! I wanted to junk punch him at the end after that annoying cliffy. I am of a like mind with Brice, Tiffany's friend, when she called him a stupid sonofabitch.
I'm not sure I was engaged enough in the story to want to read the second installment, but I will say the cliffy annoyed me so perhaps it annoyed me so much that I'll want to know what happens next. Who knows, stranger things have happened.
So I'm leaving the rating at 3.5 stars rounded up to 4 for the official rating.
ARC via Booksprout.
#bookreview #DaddyHotPants #EmberRaineWinters #contemporaryromance #bookduet #DaddyDuet #Booksprout #ARC
Jason has suffered through a terrible incident that even now, 8 years later, has left him scarred. He carries the guilt of that to this day, and it's made him wary of opening up, so wary that it's caused his latest relationship disintegrate when Tiffany refuses to be with someone who won't tell her about his past. Will Jason ever open up to Tiffany or are they doomed to live their lives apart?
I'm of two minds about how to rate Daddy Hot Pants. On one hand, I liked Tiffany and the story itself, but I felt like I was underwater for most of it. The story dove right in without giving enough of a backstory. It was as if I was watching a TV series and came in halfway through the season. On the other hand, I couldn't stand Jason. He's about the weakest male character I've read in forever. I get insecurities and demons, but come on! I wanted to junk punch him at the end after that annoying cliffy. I am of a like mind with Brice, Tiffany's friend, when she called him a stupid sonofabitch.
I'm not sure I was engaged enough in the story to want to read the second installment, but I will say the cliffy annoyed me so perhaps it annoyed me so much that I'll want to know what happens next. Who knows, stranger things have happened.
So I'm leaving the rating at 3.5 stars rounded up to 4 for the official rating.
ARC via Booksprout.
#bookreview #DaddyHotPants #EmberRaineWinters #contemporaryromance #bookduet #DaddyDuet #Booksprout #ARC


Comments
Post a Comment