Review of Good Gone Bad (The Fallen Men Book 3) by Giana Darling
Harleigh Rose (HR) is an MC Princess. Her father is the Prez of the Fallen MC. Her brother is a member. She's been raised in the life. She's even in a relationship with a brother in a rival MC, Cricket. Unfortunately for her, that relationship has been a toxic, abusive one. One that's reached its peak when she defends herself against him for the last time. So when the chips are down and she needs help, whom does she call? Her father, the Prez? Her brother? Nope. She calls Lion (Lionel) Danner, a cop. Because Lion has always watched out for her, always taken care of her, ALWAYS. Even though she hasn't seen him in three years, she knows in her black heart, that he'll come to her rescue. And he does. And sets off a chain of things that will end up with one or both of them broken down by their love.
Good Gone Bad is a great take on the MC genre. Although not my favorite of the few MC romances I've read by any means, it's well-written, really steamy, and all the characters, even the unlikable ones, are well-drawn and multi-layered. Lion is most definitely my favorite part of this story. He's a mass of complications - a moral man, a cop, who can relate to, even love, outlaws and criminals. He loves HR even though she's most definitely not a good girl, even though it goes against his moral compass to be with such a woman. A woman he somehow thinks is a tender soul. I personally have my doubts about HR's character, but I love that Lion doesn't. He loves true and straight and never doubts. That's textbook bbf material right there! Although I haven't read any of the other stories in this series, and I doubt I will read any of the coming ones, I really ended up liking this one. Lion is the kind of character that will stick with me.
So why 4 and not 5 stars? Well, like I mentioned earlier, I have my doubts about HR's character. I'm not even sure I like her or not. I am not sure she's worthy of Lion. I don't like the action she took near the end, and I know that she could have handled things differently. Also, my copy had quite a few misspellings and typos. Hopefully they'll be fixed before publication, but I can only rate based on my copy, and mine was bad enough to take me out of the story more than once while I tried to figure out what word should have been there instead of the one actually in my copy. But, aside from those two reasons, like I said, I really liked the story itself, so 4 stars is more than fair.
ARC via Enticing Journey Book Promotions.
#bookreview #GoodGoneBad #TheFallenMenSeries #GianaDarling #MCRomance #hotcop #newrelease #EnticingJourneyBookPromotions #ARC
Harleigh Rose (HR) is an MC Princess. Her father is the Prez of the Fallen MC. Her brother is a member. She's been raised in the life. She's even in a relationship with a brother in a rival MC, Cricket. Unfortunately for her, that relationship has been a toxic, abusive one. One that's reached its peak when she defends herself against him for the last time. So when the chips are down and she needs help, whom does she call? Her father, the Prez? Her brother? Nope. She calls Lion (Lionel) Danner, a cop. Because Lion has always watched out for her, always taken care of her, ALWAYS. Even though she hasn't seen him in three years, she knows in her black heart, that he'll come to her rescue. And he does. And sets off a chain of things that will end up with one or both of them broken down by their love.
Good Gone Bad is a great take on the MC genre. Although not my favorite of the few MC romances I've read by any means, it's well-written, really steamy, and all the characters, even the unlikable ones, are well-drawn and multi-layered. Lion is most definitely my favorite part of this story. He's a mass of complications - a moral man, a cop, who can relate to, even love, outlaws and criminals. He loves HR even though she's most definitely not a good girl, even though it goes against his moral compass to be with such a woman. A woman he somehow thinks is a tender soul. I personally have my doubts about HR's character, but I love that Lion doesn't. He loves true and straight and never doubts. That's textbook bbf material right there! Although I haven't read any of the other stories in this series, and I doubt I will read any of the coming ones, I really ended up liking this one. Lion is the kind of character that will stick with me.
So why 4 and not 5 stars? Well, like I mentioned earlier, I have my doubts about HR's character. I'm not even sure I like her or not. I am not sure she's worthy of Lion. I don't like the action she took near the end, and I know that she could have handled things differently. Also, my copy had quite a few misspellings and typos. Hopefully they'll be fixed before publication, but I can only rate based on my copy, and mine was bad enough to take me out of the story more than once while I tried to figure out what word should have been there instead of the one actually in my copy. But, aside from those two reasons, like I said, I really liked the story itself, so 4 stars is more than fair.
ARC via Enticing Journey Book Promotions.
#bookreview #GoodGoneBad #TheFallenMenSeries #GianaDarling #MCRomance #hotcop #newrelease #EnticingJourneyBookPromotions #ARC





Comments
Post a Comment