Skip to main content

Review: My Only Wish is You (Taking Chances Book 5) by Katrina Marie

Review of My Only Wish is You (Taking Chances Book 5) by Katrina Marie



Marshall has to leave to go to the college where he was accepted. Sounds great, but in leaving, it means he's leaving Bianca, the girl he's come to love. When she won't see him before he has to leave, it only solidifies his feelings for her. So much so that when he comes home for Christmas break, he's beyond determined to get Bianca back. It takes awhile to get her to let him back into her life, and when she does, he's surprised to learn why she rejected him before. Now Marshall just has to figure out how to get around the obstacle Bianca and he are facing.

Once I started reading My Only Wish is You, I realized I had read the first book in this series, Welcome to Your Life, and I understood why some of the characters seem familiar. Although I don't remember either Marshall or Bianca from that first book, I found it easy to understand what was going on here. I ended up falling for Marshall. He's a sweetheart, and so determined and patient with Bianca, who's a bit (A LOT) prickly. Luckily for her, he stuck to his guns, or she'd have ended up a bitter old woman later when she realized what she had lost by being so freakin stubborn. Aside from being annoyed in general by Bianca, I liked My Only Wish is You. It's sweet and Marshall is the perfect bbf. I'm looking forward to much more from this promising author.

ARC via Booksprout.


#bookreview #newrelease #MyOnlyWishIsYou #TakingChancesSeries #NewAdultRomance #contemporaryromance #Booksprout #ARC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...