Review of Stranded for Christmas (Holiday Acres Book 4) by Noelle Adams
When Laura and her business partner are stranded together during Christmas, their attraction is finally consummated. But, is it just a good time, as Laura fears, or does Russ have real feelings for her? She hasn't had good luck with men in her life, so learning to trust Russ will be difficult for her, especially since the two don't communicate well. Actually, that's an understatement, their communication is horrible, as in, there is no communication between them. Why? Because she's too busy pushing him away, then running away (literally in some cases), and he's too busy playing it safe.
Gah, this book annoyed me so much! I couldn't stand Laura for one. She's wishy washy af. Kissing him and having the most pleasure of her life, then pushing him away the next minute just because she "thinks" he's acting weird. Her maturity level was less than my 6 year old nephew's. Sigh...Russ wasn't a whole lot better, but he was a little more mature than she. But in either case, I didn't like or connect with either of them or their boring story. So, sorry, but this holiday story just makes me feel like Scrooge rather than a naughty Santa. I should probably 2 star it but I hate doing that, so 3 stars it is.
ARC via Barclay Publicity.
#bookreview #StrandedForChristmas #HolidayAcresSeries #NoelleAdams #holidayromance #agegap #BarclayPublicity #ARC
When Laura and her business partner are stranded together during Christmas, their attraction is finally consummated. But, is it just a good time, as Laura fears, or does Russ have real feelings for her? She hasn't had good luck with men in her life, so learning to trust Russ will be difficult for her, especially since the two don't communicate well. Actually, that's an understatement, their communication is horrible, as in, there is no communication between them. Why? Because she's too busy pushing him away, then running away (literally in some cases), and he's too busy playing it safe.
Gah, this book annoyed me so much! I couldn't stand Laura for one. She's wishy washy af. Kissing him and having the most pleasure of her life, then pushing him away the next minute just because she "thinks" he's acting weird. Her maturity level was less than my 6 year old nephew's. Sigh...Russ wasn't a whole lot better, but he was a little more mature than she. But in either case, I didn't like or connect with either of them or their boring story. So, sorry, but this holiday story just makes me feel like Scrooge rather than a naughty Santa. I should probably 2 star it but I hate doing that, so 3 stars it is.
ARC via Barclay Publicity.
#bookreview #StrandedForChristmas #HolidayAcresSeries #NoelleAdams #holidayromance #agegap #BarclayPublicity #ARC



Comments
Post a Comment