Review of Flare Up (Boston Fire Book 6) by Shannon Stacey
When firefighter, Grant, responds to a call and finds a woman inside the burning building, and it's the ex that ghosted him, Wren, his job just became that much harder. He thought the pain was bad when she quit their relationship without a word, but seeing her again, living in squalor, makes that pain seem minor. Will he get answers from Wren? Does he even want them?
As much as it pains me to have to write this review, I just could not get into Flare Up. The cover alone had me excited (Joseph Cannata is a longtime crush of mine!) but the blurb was even more exciting, as I adore second chance romances. Alas I didn't really connect to much about Flare Up other than Grant. He was an absolute sweetheart. Wren, however, drove me bonkers. All she had had to do in the past was have one single conversation with Grant, and all their pain could have been avoided! But no, she decided to martyr herself, break up their relationship, gut Grant's heart, AND to top it all off, she freakin stayed in the same city as he, except lived in a shithole. Oh God, the eye roll was epic when I read that one! Ugh. And honestly, their great epic love wasn't all that great or that epic, it was rather tepid and I couldn't get over the dislike I had of Wren's annoying character. The secondary cast, though, is great, so I have a feeling that the previous stories in this series are pretty good, and I just may go back and read them.
ARC via Barclay Publicity and NetGalley.
#bookreview #FlareUp #BostonFireSeries #ShannonStacey #hotfirefighter #secondchanceromance #newrelease #BarclayPublicity #NetGalley #ARC
When firefighter, Grant, responds to a call and finds a woman inside the burning building, and it's the ex that ghosted him, Wren, his job just became that much harder. He thought the pain was bad when she quit their relationship without a word, but seeing her again, living in squalor, makes that pain seem minor. Will he get answers from Wren? Does he even want them?
As much as it pains me to have to write this review, I just could not get into Flare Up. The cover alone had me excited (Joseph Cannata is a longtime crush of mine!) but the blurb was even more exciting, as I adore second chance romances. Alas I didn't really connect to much about Flare Up other than Grant. He was an absolute sweetheart. Wren, however, drove me bonkers. All she had had to do in the past was have one single conversation with Grant, and all their pain could have been avoided! But no, she decided to martyr herself, break up their relationship, gut Grant's heart, AND to top it all off, she freakin stayed in the same city as he, except lived in a shithole. Oh God, the eye roll was epic when I read that one! Ugh. And honestly, their great epic love wasn't all that great or that epic, it was rather tepid and I couldn't get over the dislike I had of Wren's annoying character. The secondary cast, though, is great, so I have a feeling that the previous stories in this series are pretty good, and I just may go back and read them.
ARC via Barclay Publicity and NetGalley.
#bookreview #FlareUp #BostonFireSeries #ShannonStacey #hotfirefighter #secondchanceromance #newrelease #BarclayPublicity #NetGalley #ARC




Comments
Post a Comment