Review of Harbor (Renzo + Lucia Book 2) by Bethany-Kris
As Privilege ended, I was cringing, and as Harbor began, I was still cringing. Because Ren & Lucia are on the run. And Ren (and Lucia) are going to do what they have to to ensure Diego's safety. What they will have to do will surely bring trouble down on their heads, trouble just compounded by the family that's certainly already looking for them. Marcellos look out for their own, so Ren and Lucia know eventually her father will send someone to come get her.
But neither of them could have foreseen what would happen when her family came for them. And when it all went down I have to admit I got as angry as Lucia is when Harbor ends. Her fury is eating her up inside to the point that she's stone cold now, empty, as she looks at her life without her Ren. A life made that way by her own family. A family she's so pissed at that she barely speaks to them. And when she does speak to them it's only to let them know that she hates them. And I don't blame her. But, being as I'm not 18 anymore, I can see her family's side, too, and can even empathize with them, but it's really Lucia I feel so badly for. I can feel her anger and her emptiness, and I just want her and Ren to be together. And then at the end when she gleans some hope from the most unlikely of all sources, I felt that hope too because if anyone in this world deserves to be together, it's Ren and Lucia.
I absolutely loved the second part of Ren and Lucia's story! It's so full of desperate love. These two may be young, but they've already lived lifetimes, especially Ren, and they're 100% sure of their love for each other. If Contempt lands on my Kindle within the next month or so, I'll be a happy, happy camper because I'm dying to know how Ren and Lucia get each other back. How they get their love back. These two so deserve that love and that happiness!
ARC via IndieSage PR.
#bookreview #Harbor #RenzoLuciaTrilogy #BethanyKris #younglove #mafia #contemporaryromance #newrelease #IndieSagePR #ARC
HARBOR (RENZO + LUCIA #2)
"I'm going wherever you're going."
As Privilege ended, I was cringing, and as Harbor began, I was still cringing. Because Ren & Lucia are on the run. And Ren (and Lucia) are going to do what they have to to ensure Diego's safety. What they will have to do will surely bring trouble down on their heads, trouble just compounded by the family that's certainly already looking for them. Marcellos look out for their own, so Ren and Lucia know eventually her father will send someone to come get her.
But neither of them could have foreseen what would happen when her family came for them. And when it all went down I have to admit I got as angry as Lucia is when Harbor ends. Her fury is eating her up inside to the point that she's stone cold now, empty, as she looks at her life without her Ren. A life made that way by her own family. A family she's so pissed at that she barely speaks to them. And when she does speak to them it's only to let them know that she hates them. And I don't blame her. But, being as I'm not 18 anymore, I can see her family's side, too, and can even empathize with them, but it's really Lucia I feel so badly for. I can feel her anger and her emptiness, and I just want her and Ren to be together. And then at the end when she gleans some hope from the most unlikely of all sources, I felt that hope too because if anyone in this world deserves to be together, it's Ren and Lucia.
I absolutely loved the second part of Ren and Lucia's story! It's so full of desperate love. These two may be young, but they've already lived lifetimes, especially Ren, and they're 100% sure of their love for each other. If Contempt lands on my Kindle within the next month or so, I'll be a happy, happy camper because I'm dying to know how Ren and Lucia get each other back. How they get their love back. These two so deserve that love and that happiness!
ARC via IndieSage PR.
#bookreview #Harbor #RenzoLuciaTrilogy #BethanyKris #younglove #mafia #contemporaryromance #newrelease #IndieSagePR #ARC




Comments
Post a Comment