Skip to main content

Review: Maid in England: The Bridesmaid and the Rockstar (The I Do Crew Book 1) by Brenda St John Brown

Review of Maid in England: The Bridesmaid and the Rockstar (The I Do Crew Book 1) by Brenda St John Brown


MAID IN ENGLAND

When Remi's tasked by her boss to track down their client to rope him into doing as her boss wants, could it be the second chance neither ever knew they wanted? Or will the differences that broke them up the first time plague them yet again?

It seems on the surface that they'll never get back together because Remi and Alastair still want diametrically opposed things. She's still as workaholic as ever, putting her career ahead of everything, so much that she has no life outside of work. And he still craves the quiet life, even as his rockstar life is heating up, which is where her firm comes in.


I honestly wanted to love Maid in England, I really did. However, it just missed the mark for me, for a couple reasons. 1) It wasn't the romantic comedy it's billed as, or at least, it didn't feel like a romantic comedy. It wasn't really funny actually. It wasn't even really romantic either. 2) The chemistry between our leads was about nil. I didn't feel it and didn't really believe it. So I have my doubts their second chance could be that solid if I couldn't feel their chemistry and that connection that all solid couples need.


I did, however, appreciate that our couple is in their 30s, rather than early 20s, and that Alastair isn't the typical rockstar manwhore. He's much more down to earth and simple than the average rockstar in rockstar romances. I didn't really connect with or like Remi, but I did like that she's hardworking and successful. So, likable hero, I like their age bracket, good writing, but low heat and no visible chemistry all lead me to 3.5 stars.

ARC via Give Me Books Promotions.


#bookreview #MaidInEngland #TheIDoCrewSeries #BrendaStJohnBrown #secondchanceromance #rockstar #singledad #contemporaryromance #newrelease #GiveMeBooksPromotions #ARC

Comments