Skip to main content

Release Blitz: A Sticky Situation by Missy Johnson



Title: A Sticky Situation
Series: Awkward Love #7
Author: Missy Johnson
Genre: Rock Star Romance
Release Date: March 14, 2019

Blurb


A sexy rock star walking into your hotel room?

It sounds like a dream come true.

When you’re in the middle of some serious self-pleasure like I was

It’s a freaking nightmare.

It gets worse.

What I thought was my hotel room…was actually his.

I’d just given last year’s hottest new talent a performance worthy of my own Grammy.

Now everyone is talking about the girl who got her rocks off in Brix Wilson’s hotel room.

Nobody knows I’m that girl and it’s going to stay that way.

It’s not like I’m going to run into him again, right?

Wrong.


Purchase Links
AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
Free in Kindle Unlimited

Excerpt

Panicked, I sit up, gaping in disbelief at the person standing in the doorway. I grasp at the sheet, I frantically try to cover the most crucial bits of me, while feeling completely mortified. He, on the other hand, can’t wipe that damn smirk off his face.

What the fuck?

His head cocks sideways and his lips twitch into an even bigger grin that I’d probably find sexy—if I wasn’t two knuckles deep and showing him more of me than any guy has seen of me in a long time.

“Well, I have to say,” he drawls in a low, husky voice, “women do a lot of shit to try to get my attention, but this is definitely up there as the most original.”

I can’t even comprehend what he’s saying, because I’m frozen on the spot and trying to work out what the hell he’s doing in my room. Is this some kind of sick joke? Is he planning on attacking me? My eyes dart to the phone on the wall, but they switch back to him when he walks closer.

Fuck.

He steps out of the shadows, giving me a better look at his face and—

Double fuck.

What the heck is the lead singer of The Vision doing in my hotel room?

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry, so my body decides to do both. I can’t think straight, but I’m doing my best to stop freaking the fuck out so I can try to figure a way out of this mess. I’m so unbelievably embarrassed. And naked, apart from this flimsy sheet. I should probably get dressed. The problem is, doing anything at this point feels impossible.

“So, do you speak?” he asks, jolting me out of my thoughts. “I mean, we’ve established that you can moan quite well.”

Oh God.

“I had a friend once, who was mute,” he muses, “we drifted apart because our conversations were always very one-sided.”

“I am not mute,” I snap, glaring at him.

“Great, then you can start by telling me what you’re doing.” He laughs and rubs his jaw. “I mean, it’s pretty obvious what you were doing, I’m just not sure why. Not that I didn’t appreciate the show,” he quickly adds. “Trust me, I did.” His dark eyes flash with amusement.

“It’s refreshing to meet a girl who doesn’t mind opening herself up.”

What the ever loving fuck…?

How can he casually crack jokes like he isn’t the slightest bit embarrassed about walking in on me? I don’t trust myself to speak, so I just glare at him.

“Can I get you anything, like a drink?” he offers. “Or maybe offer you a hand…?”

“You could offer me some privacy?” I suggest, my body shaking with rage.

“Privacy, huh?” He grins at me. “Sure. I’ll turn around.”

He’ll turn around?

“Or you could leave, the same way you came in?” I retort.

“You seem pretty agitated over there. I’m guessing I interrupted the finale? Have you thought about trying some relaxation breathing?” he suggests, “it’s supposed to be great for relieving tension.”

“Are you done?” I growl.

“Are you?” he asks. “Maybe you should be the one leaving?”

A surge of anger hits me. Why the hell should I be the one to leave when he’s the one in my room? I wrestle myself up so I’m sitting on the edge of the bed, my knuckles white from clinging onto the sheet so tightly. While I’m at it, why am I the one who’s embarrassed?

If I can’t get myself off in the privacy of my own room—

I stop, mid-thought as I look around, an uneasy feeling creeping into my stomach. The clothes scattered outside the bathroom. The freaking guitar leaning against the couch that I somehow neglected to notice. The champagne. The note…there was no upgrade. I’m the one in the wrong room.

And I was seconds from climaxing all over Brix Wilson’s bed.

My heart pounds as a trickle of sweat makes it’s way down the back of my neck. I swat it away, while trying hard to think up an excuse for being in his room that sounds even half plausible.

Who am I kidding? There’s no getting out of this. Not without me looking like a complete fuckwit. Sure, they gave me the wrong key, which makes this whole mess not my fault, but as if he’s going to believe that.

I take a deep breath and reach for my clothes, somehow managing to dress myself while showing minimal skin. Not that he hasn’t seen everything already.

God, he’s seen more of my than I have.

I stand up, nearly losing my balance. My legs feel like jelly, so even walking feels like a hard task, but I have to get out of here. And the longer I wait, the harder escaping is going to be.

“I have to go,” I mumble.

“So soon? You went to all this trouble of getting in here and performing for me, and now you’re leaving? Where’s the harm in hanging around for a little longer?” he presses. “I was looking forward to seeing how far you’d go.”

I stalk over to the door, avoiding all physical contact with him. He can’t wipe the smirk off his face, but I can’t let myself think too hard about what just happened, or I’ll lose control. As I close the door behind me, I hear his voice call out after me;

“What, I don’t even get an encore?”

Also Available

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
Free in Kindle Unlimited

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
Free in Kindle Unlimited

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
Free in Kindle Unlimited

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
Free in Kindle Unlimited

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
Free in Kindle Unlimited

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
Free in Kindle Unlimited

Author Bio

Missy lives in central Victoria with her husband,
three-year-old daughter, two cats, two dogs and turtle.  When she's not writing, she can usually be
found …oh wait. She’s always writing.


Author Links

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: One Little Lie by Whitney Barbetti

Review of One Little Lie by Whitney Barbetti ONE LITTLE LIE Hollis is a good girl with a crush on a broody musician. Unfortunately, that boy, Adam, hates her. Why? Because the chip on his shoulder leaves him thinking good girl, rich girl Hollis is a lemming like everyone else in their small town. Which makes it even more unfortunate when years after their high school encounter, Hollis' best friend tries to stick up for her and ends up telling her parents that Adam is the the boyfriend Hollis doesn't actually have. Oops. How will Hollis ever convince Adam to go along with her little lie? I really liked One Little Lie. Hollis is a really naive girl, but she has such a huge heart that I couldn't help but fall in love with her spirit. She's so sweet, so compassionate, the kind of person this world needs more of. Adam, on the other hand, eh, he didn't do much for me. His chip on the shoulder, broody asshole attitude did nothing to endear me to him, but because H...

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...