Skip to main content

Review: Come Back Home Again (Hope Valley Book 2) by Jessica Prince

Review of Come Back Home Again (Hope Valley Book 2) by Jessica Prince


COME BACK HOME AGAIN

When Tempie comes back home to Hope Valley to see her aunt before she passes, she never expects to have a second chance with her first love, Hayes. Hayes has spent the last 21 years since Tempie left town, regretting their breakup and that she was out of his life. Now that she's back in town again, even if it's temporary, he can't help but to want a reunion with her, the only woman he's ever loved, the woman he's loved every day since they first got together.

"I'd never fallen out of love with Temperance Levine. She'd burrowed into my heart when I was fifteen years old, and she'd never left."


I loved Come Back Home Again just as much as I loved Out of My League, the first story in the Hope Valley series. Tempie and Hayes make a fabulous couple - their love is palpable, obvious even from their very first interaction in Come Back Home Again. I appreciated that Jessica Prince didn't serve up a lot of angst, and will they or won't they get back together nonsense, instead, let their second chance flow naturally between two people who so obviously still loved each other. Linc and the boys are back on the scene, too, and it was good to see more mentions of them. I love the world Jessica Prince has created in Hope Valley, can't wait for more! Perhaps Rory's story, especially if it's with Cord.


ARC via author.


#bookreview #ComeBackHomeAgain #HopeValleySeries #JessicaPrince #secondchanceromance #firstlove #smalltownlife #hotcop #newrelease #LoveAffairWithFiction #ARC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!