Review of Fahrenheit (The Power of Three Love Book 2) by Leigh Lennon
Scarlet's dating two men simultaneously, with their knowledge, but it's not satisfying because she knows eventually she'll have to choose between then and she doesn't want to - she's in love with them both. But when Levi, hot firefighter, gets it into his head that he and Jordan, hot doctor, can successfully share her, will Jordan agree? What about Jordan's developing feelings for Levi? Will Jordan ever acknowledge that he's as attracted to, and feels as strongly for, Levi, as he is is attracted to, and loves, Scarlet? Or will Jordan's preconceived notions derail any chance the three have of a successful ménage relationship?
Though I enjoyed parts of Fahrenheit, I just could not fully connect with or like, this story and its characters. It's not that it's not well written or engaging, because it is well written and has an interesting premise. But I didn't really like Scarlett, and Jordan's waffling drove me bonkers. Scarlet came across as very selfish and self absorbed and Jordan was a bit of a coward, although at least I could sympathize with his trying to come to terms with his sexuality. And finally, there's the fact that in any ménage, I prefer if the balance between the physical and emotional is roughly equal, and I don't think Fahrenheit achieved that balance. It's very skewed toward the physical, and the emotional is left to the last quarter of the story. And even then, I never quite believed any of the three really loved each other. How could I believe it, considering that when the story started, the relationship was already supposedly at the "in love" stage between Scarlet and Levi and Jordan. Both men had already told her they loved her, and she apparently had said the same. But at no time was this part of the relationship shown to the reader, it was just presumed that we believe it, as it was told to us from the start. So the relationship development was basically nil here, and it did the story a huge disservice. I did like the suspense and mystery of this story, and it's what saved this from a lower rating.
ARC via Give Me Books Promotions.
#bookreview #Fahrenheit #ThePowerOfThreeLoveSeries #LeighLennon #MMF #menage #bisexual #LGTBQ #firefighter #doctor #newrelease #GiveMeBooksPromotions #ARC
FAHRENHEIT
Though I enjoyed parts of Fahrenheit, I just could not fully connect with or like, this story and its characters. It's not that it's not well written or engaging, because it is well written and has an interesting premise. But I didn't really like Scarlett, and Jordan's waffling drove me bonkers. Scarlet came across as very selfish and self absorbed and Jordan was a bit of a coward, although at least I could sympathize with his trying to come to terms with his sexuality. And finally, there's the fact that in any ménage, I prefer if the balance between the physical and emotional is roughly equal, and I don't think Fahrenheit achieved that balance. It's very skewed toward the physical, and the emotional is left to the last quarter of the story. And even then, I never quite believed any of the three really loved each other. How could I believe it, considering that when the story started, the relationship was already supposedly at the "in love" stage between Scarlet and Levi and Jordan. Both men had already told her they loved her, and she apparently had said the same. But at no time was this part of the relationship shown to the reader, it was just presumed that we believe it, as it was told to us from the start. So the relationship development was basically nil here, and it did the story a huge disservice. I did like the suspense and mystery of this story, and it's what saved this from a lower rating.
ARC via Give Me Books Promotions.
#bookreview #Fahrenheit #ThePowerOfThreeLoveSeries #LeighLennon #MMF #menage #bisexual #LGTBQ #firefighter #doctor #newrelease #GiveMeBooksPromotions #ARC




Comments
Post a Comment