Review of Bad Saint (All The Pretty Things Trilogy Book 1) by Monica James
When Willow is kidnapped and taken to a ship on her honeymoon, she never imagines her captor will engender anything in her other than hate and rage. But somehow, Saint shows a bit of kindness that her other captors don't, and that kindness sets her heart and body off in confusing ways.
But is Saint really just a good guy in the form of a villain or does he have a hidden agenda? Is the darkness inside him going to overwhelm the innate goodness Willow sees in him sometimes? Why does he cruelly push her away after letting some of his humanity bleed through?
"This cruelness is the only kindness I can show you."
When the two are stranded on a desert island, more feelings develop, and Willow's body keeps betraying her. She wants Saint badly, even as she fights it, knowing she should be doing everything she can to stay away from him. But as they slowly start opening up to each other, she gets more and more glimpses of what lies beneath his gorgeous outer surface. But he keeps so much bottled up that she's not sure she'll ever get the full Saint, the real Saint that her body knows owns her. Will she get her chance to uncover all of him before they're rescued?
Gah, so many conflicting emotions are swirling around inside me. Bad Saint absolutely riveted me. I was on the edge of my seat as Willow proved herself to be one hell of a strong woman, never giving up on finding a way out of her predicament, never stopped fighting to get home, even while keeping her humanity, her big heart, intact. I loved her struggle to reconcile what she knew she should be feeling for Saint, and what she actually felt about him. And Saint? Whew, that man is broody af, tortured and despicable, but still I saw in him what Willow did - his heart that was hidden beneath his pain and the darkness that had slipped over him because of all the things he had been forced to do to survive, to get back the one person who meant the most to him. I seriously am not sure I can wait until July when Fallen Saint, the next installment, is supposed to be released.
ARC via author.
#bookreview #BadSaint #AllThePrettyThingsTrilogy #MonicaJames #dark #darkromance #kidnapped #newrelease #ARC
BAD SAINT
But is Saint really just a good guy in the form of a villain or does he have a hidden agenda? Is the darkness inside him going to overwhelm the innate goodness Willow sees in him sometimes? Why does he cruelly push her away after letting some of his humanity bleed through?
Gah, so many conflicting emotions are swirling around inside me. Bad Saint absolutely riveted me. I was on the edge of my seat as Willow proved herself to be one hell of a strong woman, never giving up on finding a way out of her predicament, never stopped fighting to get home, even while keeping her humanity, her big heart, intact. I loved her struggle to reconcile what she knew she should be feeling for Saint, and what she actually felt about him. And Saint? Whew, that man is broody af, tortured and despicable, but still I saw in him what Willow did - his heart that was hidden beneath his pain and the darkness that had slipped over him because of all the things he had been forced to do to survive, to get back the one person who meant the most to him. I seriously am not sure I can wait until July when Fallen Saint, the next installment, is supposed to be released.
ARC via author.
#bookreview #BadSaint #AllThePrettyThingsTrilogy #MonicaJames #dark #darkromance #kidnapped #newrelease #ARC



Comments
Post a Comment