Review of Liberty Empire (Empire Book 2) by Brooke Ellis
Liberty Empire begins with Jacquie's backstory, which is helpful to showcase her character in the present, and how and why she came to be such a crazy, evil mother. Then it segues into Mitch and Addie back together. The question is, can they stay together this time? Resist Jacqueline's manipulations?
I found the actual story of Liberty Empire interesting, I just didn't like the execution of it. The third person POV helped create a distance between myself as a reader, and the characters, and further created more disconnect. I just could not, for the life of me, connect with or really engender any great emotion about them other than a kind of indifference, as if they were just cardboard cutouts being put through the paces by the author. The transitions between one scene to the next were abrupt, even furthering the distance I felt between myself and the characters. I guess you could say I read with my mind on other things, as what was happening on my Kindle were in the background just for some noise. So 3 stars seems fair for something I didn't like, but didn't dislike either. I felt not much of anything about it and will probably forget it next week or even tonight, the next time I start reading something new.
ARC via Enticing Journey Book Promotions.
#bookreview #LibertyEmpire #EmpireSeries #BrookeEllis #secondchanceromance #Australianheroine #newrelease #EnticingJourneyBookPromotions #ARC
LIBERTY EMPIRE
I found the actual story of Liberty Empire interesting, I just didn't like the execution of it. The third person POV helped create a distance between myself as a reader, and the characters, and further created more disconnect. I just could not, for the life of me, connect with or really engender any great emotion about them other than a kind of indifference, as if they were just cardboard cutouts being put through the paces by the author. The transitions between one scene to the next were abrupt, even furthering the distance I felt between myself and the characters. I guess you could say I read with my mind on other things, as what was happening on my Kindle were in the background just for some noise. So 3 stars seems fair for something I didn't like, but didn't dislike either. I felt not much of anything about it and will probably forget it next week or even tonight, the next time I start reading something new.
ARC via Enticing Journey Book Promotions.
#bookreview #LibertyEmpire #EmpireSeries #BrookeEllis #secondchanceromance #Australianheroine #newrelease #EnticingJourneyBookPromotions #ARC



Comments
Post a Comment