Skip to main content

Review: The Scarecrow & George C by Mia Kerick

Review of The Scarecrow & George C by Mia Kerick


THE SCARECROW & GEORGE C

Van thinks of himself as a scarecrow. He dresses like one to keep a distance between himself and the world. And it works until he meets George C at his job. For some reason, George C keeps staring at Van, isn't scared off by his scarecrow appearance and the chip on Van's shoulder. Will Van ever let George C in? What will Van think of when he finds out George's past is even worse than Van's?


I liked The Scarecrow & George C. I didn't love it, but I did like it. I liked Van and George C, both individually and as a couple once they finally became one. I can't say I felt really deeply for either of them or their story, but they were actually sweet characters. I do think their back stories could have been made deeper and fleshed out better, and the way the big overarching problem was resolved was pretty lame. It was just one big long scene of exposition with a telling rather than a showing. It was rushed and felt a bit anti-climactic, considering what a big deal the problem actually was - being the whole reason George C couldn't actually allow himself to be with Van. I guess I was expecting something a bit deeper, a bit edgier considering the title and blurb, but what The Scarecrow & George C ended up being is a sweet story with 2 characters who weren't as substantial as I had hoped for.


ARC via Xpresso Book Tours.


#bookreview #TheScarecrowAndGeorgeC #MiaKerick #youngadult #MM #gay #teenlove #LGBTQ #newrelease #XpressoBookTours #ARC

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!