Review: Entice: A Novel by Ava Harrison
When she was 12, Grayson saved River from making a choice that would have ruined a lot of lives, least of all her own. Now she's almost 21 and Grayson's back in her life. But this time, she's not a little girl anymore, and she wants the man who walked away from her that night with a piece of her heart. The question is, will Grayson be able to resist the beautiful woman River has become? Or will his reasons for keeping everyone at arm's length be too much for River to overcome?
Entice is for lack of a better word, touching. It really touched my heart in a way I was not expecting. I guess, given what I knew of this story, I was expecting forbidden lust, super hot and all that. What I got instead, was, yes, sexy, but also and more importantly, something a bit heart tugging. Grayson and River are an interesting couple with a lot of obstacles, well, one big obstacle and a smaller obstacle, in the way of them being together. I can't say that I completely was on board with them as a couple for about 3/4 of the story, but only because she is very young maturity wise, and Grayson is reticent for most of their story. But, by the time they finally came together, I could see them having a happy future together because they were able to convince me they really loved each other. I do wish they had truly gotten together a bit sooner in the story, but I also understand why Ava held them apart for most of the story, it was more realistic that way, as any couple with their obstacles would most likely be fighting things and having the push and pull that Grayson and River have. So, more realistic but slightly less satisfying for my tastes. All in all, though, I really liked Entice. It's a bit angsty, it's sexy, and it really touched my heart. These Price men are hot, can't wait for more of them!
ARC via author.
#bookreview #Entice #AvaHarrison #agegap #forbiddenlove #dadsbestfriend #slowburn #contemporaryromance #newrelease #ARC
ENTICE: A NOVEL
Entice is for lack of a better word, touching. It really touched my heart in a way I was not expecting. I guess, given what I knew of this story, I was expecting forbidden lust, super hot and all that. What I got instead, was, yes, sexy, but also and more importantly, something a bit heart tugging. Grayson and River are an interesting couple with a lot of obstacles, well, one big obstacle and a smaller obstacle, in the way of them being together. I can't say that I completely was on board with them as a couple for about 3/4 of the story, but only because she is very young maturity wise, and Grayson is reticent for most of their story. But, by the time they finally came together, I could see them having a happy future together because they were able to convince me they really loved each other. I do wish they had truly gotten together a bit sooner in the story, but I also understand why Ava held them apart for most of the story, it was more realistic that way, as any couple with their obstacles would most likely be fighting things and having the push and pull that Grayson and River have. So, more realistic but slightly less satisfying for my tastes. All in all, though, I really liked Entice. It's a bit angsty, it's sexy, and it really touched my heart. These Price men are hot, can't wait for more of them!
ARC via author.
#bookreview #Entice #AvaHarrison #agegap #forbiddenlove #dadsbestfriend #slowburn #contemporaryromance #newrelease #ARC



Comments
Post a Comment