Review: The Hardest Hit by A.S. Teague
The same night her best friend, Brooke, meets Griffin (The Hardest Route), Mel (Melanie) meets Griffin's best friend and fellow future NFLer, Aiden. She's instantly attracted to the hottie with a cocky smirk, but alas, their timing isn't right, and unlike Brooke and Griff, Mel and Aiden don't have a hot night. Nope, they have a night filled with talking, telling each other secrets, and imprinting themselves on the other's soul. But, like I said before, the timing was not right for them, and isn't, for literally years. They spend those next long years never getting together for various reasons including his NFL schedule, her crazy work hours (she's a physical therapist), and one big secret of his. Until one time too many, Aiden finally blows her off for the last time and Mel is just done. DONE. Done with letting him con her into thinking he's finally going to come through for her and take her out. So she's does her damndest to avoid him. Until that hit, that potentially career-ending hit. Will Mel take the emotionally easy way out and keep avoiding the man who's never had the right timing? Or will she man up and go be there for him, the way he said he would have been there for her had she truly needed him.
Damn...The Hardest Hit was an emotional roller coaster! I fully admit to shedding a few tears (maybe more than a few), especially toward the end and during the epilogue. Mel and Aiden's story is angsty and full of push and pull, back and forth and lots of UST, so much ust. I felt for both of them, and more than once I wanted to smack Aiden upside the head for toying (although not purposely) with poor Mel's heart. But Mel? I just loved her plain and simple. She's so f-in strong, and loyal, and about the perfect heroine in my eyes. She was there for her bestie and her honorary niece, she was there for Aiden even when honestly he didn't much deserve it, and she stayed true to herself. She was freaking perfect. And I admit to finally falling in love with Aiden once he finally took his head out of his ass and got things right with Mel. Their story is a bit heart-rending, super sexy, and really the perfect romantic read. 5 stars!!
"Nine years ago, the most stunning woman I'd ever seen stole my heart..."
ARC via Social Butterfly PR.
THE HARDEST HIT
The same night her best friend, Brooke, meets Griffin (The Hardest Route), Mel (Melanie) meets Griffin's best friend and fellow future NFLer, Aiden. She's instantly attracted to the hottie with a cocky smirk, but alas, their timing isn't right, and unlike Brooke and Griff, Mel and Aiden don't have a hot night. Nope, they have a night filled with talking, telling each other secrets, and imprinting themselves on the other's soul. But, like I said before, the timing was not right for them, and isn't, for literally years. They spend those next long years never getting together for various reasons including his NFL schedule, her crazy work hours (she's a physical therapist), and one big secret of his. Until one time too many, Aiden finally blows her off for the last time and Mel is just done. DONE. Done with letting him con her into thinking he's finally going to come through for her and take her out. So she's does her damndest to avoid him. Until that hit, that potentially career-ending hit. Will Mel take the emotionally easy way out and keep avoiding the man who's never had the right timing? Or will she man up and go be there for him, the way he said he would have been there for her had she truly needed him.
Damn...The Hardest Hit was an emotional roller coaster! I fully admit to shedding a few tears (maybe more than a few), especially toward the end and during the epilogue. Mel and Aiden's story is angsty and full of push and pull, back and forth and lots of UST, so much ust. I felt for both of them, and more than once I wanted to smack Aiden upside the head for toying (although not purposely) with poor Mel's heart. But Mel? I just loved her plain and simple. She's so f-in strong, and loyal, and about the perfect heroine in my eyes. She was there for her bestie and her honorary niece, she was there for Aiden even when honestly he didn't much deserve it, and she stayed true to herself. She was freaking perfect. And I admit to finally falling in love with Aiden once he finally took his head out of his ass and got things right with Mel. Their story is a bit heart-rending, super sexy, and really the perfect romantic read. 5 stars!!
ARC via Social Butterfly PR.





Comments
Post a Comment