Review: Hit & Run (PASS Series Book 1) by Freya Barker
Rosie's a 40 something housekeeper at the local hotel when she sees something she shouldn't have. Now there's someone after her. Whom can she turn to for protection?
Jake is said protection, thanks to his newest gig watching over a self-absorbed movie star. He's smitten by redheaded Rosie, but he's got a duty to watch over someone else. Will his innate protective instincts work for him or against him when it comes to Rosie? How can he possibly hope to engage in a thing with Rosie when he has absolutely no idea how to love, how to be in a relationship?
I've read a few of Freya Barker's romantic suspense stories, and have come to realize that one of the things that makes her writing is so appealing is that her characters are so realistic and easy to relate to. Even amidst moments of action and suspense, and steamy sex, the characters speak and behave like real people I know. Rosie and Jake are no exception to this theme. I fell in love with them both, especially Rosie. I love how she's just a regular hardworking woman in her 40s who happens to meet her soul mate while just doing her job. Add in her poor mother's health failing, another unfortunately common occurrence in everyday life, and this story just kept me glued to the pages. I am most definitely looking forward to more of the PASS series now!
ARC via Buoni Amici Press.
#bookreview #HitAndRun #PASSSeries #FreyaBarker #romanticsuspense #bodyguard #40something #contemporaryromance #newrelease #BuoniAmiciPress #ARC
HIT & RUN (PASS SERIES BOOK 1)
Rosie's a 40 something housekeeper at the local hotel when she sees something she shouldn't have. Now there's someone after her. Whom can she turn to for protection?
Jake is said protection, thanks to his newest gig watching over a self-absorbed movie star. He's smitten by redheaded Rosie, but he's got a duty to watch over someone else. Will his innate protective instincts work for him or against him when it comes to Rosie? How can he possibly hope to engage in a thing with Rosie when he has absolutely no idea how to love, how to be in a relationship?
I've read a few of Freya Barker's romantic suspense stories, and have come to realize that one of the things that makes her writing is so appealing is that her characters are so realistic and easy to relate to. Even amidst moments of action and suspense, and steamy sex, the characters speak and behave like real people I know. Rosie and Jake are no exception to this theme. I fell in love with them both, especially Rosie. I love how she's just a regular hardworking woman in her 40s who happens to meet her soul mate while just doing her job. Add in her poor mother's health failing, another unfortunately common occurrence in everyday life, and this story just kept me glued to the pages. I am most definitely looking forward to more of the PASS series now!
ARC via Buoni Amici Press.
#bookreview #HitAndRun #PASSSeries #FreyaBarker #romanticsuspense #bodyguard #40something #contemporaryromance #newrelease #BuoniAmiciPress #ARC




Thank you for the wonderful review!
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome. I loved it and can't wait for more in this series.
Delete