Skip to main content

Review: Holding on to Forever by Siobhan Davis & S.B. Alexander

Review: Holding on to Forever by Siobhan Davis & S.B. Alexander


HOLDING ON TO FOREVER


Adam would do anything for his mom and his sister, Phoebe. Even if he has to deal drugs to make enough money to pay for Phoebe's necessary medical vest, he'll do it. He just didn't know, couldn't have known, that he'd end up selling to the woman he'd fall in love with. The very off-limits woman who happens to be his coach's daughter. Yikes...


I absolutely hate to admit this, because I normally LOVE Siobhan Davis' writing, but I just could not really connect with Holding on to Forever. I think the reason why is because of Emily. I didn't like her character, didn't think she was good enough for Adam, and didn't really believe he'd fall for someone like her. It can be a tricky thing writing about addicts and addiction, because usually the addict is not very nice while in the throes of their addiction. The trick is making him or her redeem themselves once they've sobered up (if they sober up). Unfortunately neither author made Emily into a likable character, not even at the end when things were going better with her. Yes, she had a hard life, had something horrible happen to her, but it did absolutely nothing for character, instead made her already obnoxious personality even more obnoxious. Sigh... So I give this 3 stars because the actual story is good, but Emily is completely unlikable. I did like Adam, and his roommate/friend, Sam, though, and they helped save this from an even lower rating. I will still read all of Siobhan Davis' stories in the future, even though I didn't like this particular one, because she's proven to me that she's normally a sure bet.


ARC via Social Butterfly PR.

#bookreview #HoldingOnToForever #SiobhanDavis #SBAlexander #NewAdult #football #drugdealer #addict #newrelease #SocialButterflyPR #ARC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...