Skip to main content

Review/Blog Tour: Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms #3) by Melanie Harlow

Insatiable - BT banner
“Absolute magic!”
—Helena Hunting, New York Times bestselling author
Insatiable, an all-new fun and flirty friends to lovers romance from USA Today bestselling author Melanie Harlow is available now!
Insatiable AMAZON
I didn’t mean to see him naked--it was an accident.
It had to be, right?
Because Noah McCormick and I have never been anything more than friends. In all the years I’ve known him, he’s never once laid a finger on me. And even though he was a cute lifeguard at 16 and a hotter-than-hell sheriff’s deputy at 34, he's always been that protective guy I could trust to keep his hands to himself. I never wanted to mess with that.
Until I walked in on him getting out of the shower and saw his hard, muscular body totally bare and dripping wet. At that moment I never wanted to mess with anything so badly in my entire life.
I should have covered my eyes. Said I was sorry. At the very least, I could have handed him a towel.
After all, I was only in town for a few days, and he was just doing me a favor by escorting me to my sister’s wedding. It wasn’t a real date.
But I didn’t apologize. And he didn’t cover up.
(Talk about a hot mess.)
After all those years of being just friends, suddenly we’re insatiable.
He’s made it clear he’s not interested in romance. Which is fine with me because
I’ve got a plane ticket back to my real life at the end of the week.
It’s all in fun...or is it?
INSATIABLE AN BT
Download your copy today or read FREE in Kindle Unlimited!
Amazon Worldwide: mybook.to/InsatiableMH
Add to Insatiable to Goodreads: http://bit.ly/2lakefa
MY REVIEW
Meg is heading home to Cloverleigh Farms and she's hoping her longtime friend, Noah, will help lift her from the doldrums she's been in since she and her ex broke up. Noah's always been there for her since the day he saved her life. But, they've always just been friends. No matter that he's gorgeous and sweet with a huge heart. But when she finally gets up enough courage to cross that line, he shuts the door on them becoming anything other than just lifelong friends. Can Meg change his mind? Even if she's only in town for a week before she has to head back and get back to her life?

Noah's crushed on Meg for years now. But, he's never had the courage to make a move on her, thinking that not only is he not good enough for her, but that he cannot offer her what she deserves, what she needs - love, stability, and a family. Can Noah get over his insecurities and allow himself to love and be loved? Or will he let Meg walk away?

I love the Cloverleigh Farms series! Meg and Noah are so sweet together, and they have the chemistry that only longtime friends have, plus the kind of passion that doesn't come around all that often. I felt for Meg when Noah pulled a bonehead move toward the end, and I may have (definitely) wanted him to have to grovel A LOT more, but all in all, I loved this story. It's sweet. It's sexy. And it's friends-to-lovers, which is one of my favorite tropes. Can't wait for more!
Insatiable - Teaser 8 AN
Excerpt
Sawyer?” I said in disbelief.

Breaking into a huge grin, she started to run.

I was still standing there in shock when she barreled into me, throwing her arms around my neck. She smelled fucking fantastic. Feminine, sweet, delectable.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, trying to hug her back without getting sweat or paint on her. “I thought you didn’t get in until Thursday.”

“I changed my ticket.” She let go just enough to smile up at me impishly. “I’m glad to see you too.”

I laughed. “I’m glad to see you. You just surprised me is all.”

“That was my plan.” She stepped back, and I figured my odor was probably repulsing her.

“I stink, sorry. I went for a run earlier and I never showered. Then I painted the garage.”

“I never mind the smell of sweat. It means hard work.” She brightened. “Will you run tomorrow? I’d love to go with you.

“Sure. We can run tomorrow. I’m off again.”

“Great! Although I’m probably way out of shape.” She made a face. “My work schedule is so crazy, I don’t run as much as I used to.”

“You look great,” I told her. And it was true—she did look great. Maybe not quite as skinny as the last time I’d seen her, but the added curves looked good on her. My eyes wandered without my brain’s permission to her slightly fuller chest and rounder hips. Quickly, I attempted to look at her face again, but then my gaze lingered on her mouth. I remembered what it had looked like the other night in my fantasy as she’d wrapped her lips around my cock and moaned like it was the best thing she’d ever tasted.

My dick twitched beneath my running shorts, and I cleared my throat. “You’ve got a favorite murder? Is there something I need to know?”

She glanced down at her shirt and smiled. “It’s a podcast about true crime. I’m addicted.”

“Never heard of it.”

A sound of exasperation escaped her. “You live under a rock! I can’t believe you’re still not on social media.”

“Yes, you can.”

“Okay, I can, but it makes it really hard to stalk you.”

I shook my head. “People like you are exactly why I don’t want to be on social media.”

She hit me on the shoulder. “I’m kidding! I just want to keep up with your life. I miss you.”

“So come home more often. Talk to my face.”

She grinned. “I do like seeing your face. Want to go grab a beer? Maybe some food?”

“Sure.”
About Melanie
Melanie Harlow likes her martinis dry, her heels high, and her history with the naughty bits left in. When she's not writing or reading, she gets her kicks from TV series like VEEP, Game of Thrones, Succession, and Homeland. She occasionally runs three miles, but only so she can have more gin and steak.
Melanie is the author of the ONE & ONLY series, the AFTER WE FALL series, the HAPPY CRAZY LOVE series, the FRENCHED series, and the sexy historical SPEAK EASY duet, set in the 1920s. She lifts her glass to romance readers and writers from her home near Detroit, MI, where she lives with her husband, two daughters, and pet rabbit.
Harlow Headshot Color
Connect with Melanie
Stay up to date! Sign up for Melanie’s mailing list: http://www.melanieharlow.com/subscribe/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: One Little Lie by Whitney Barbetti

Review of One Little Lie by Whitney Barbetti ONE LITTLE LIE Hollis is a good girl with a crush on a broody musician. Unfortunately, that boy, Adam, hates her. Why? Because the chip on his shoulder leaves him thinking good girl, rich girl Hollis is a lemming like everyone else in their small town. Which makes it even more unfortunate when years after their high school encounter, Hollis' best friend tries to stick up for her and ends up telling her parents that Adam is the the boyfriend Hollis doesn't actually have. Oops. How will Hollis ever convince Adam to go along with her little lie? I really liked One Little Lie. Hollis is a really naive girl, but she has such a huge heart that I couldn't help but fall in love with her spirit. She's so sweet, so compassionate, the kind of person this world needs more of. Adam, on the other hand, eh, he didn't do much for me. His chip on the shoulder, broody asshole attitude did nothing to endear me to him, but because H...

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...