Skip to main content

Blurred Lines (Franksville University #1) by Mackenzie Lane

Title: Blurred Lines
Series: Franksville University #1
Author: Mackenzie Lane
Genre: Sports/NA Contemporary Romance
Release Date: February 4, 2020
Proceeds Donated to CFA

My life isn’t exactly easy. My dad has anger issues, and my mom drinks too much. When I’m at home, I spend most of my time locked in my room, trying to avoid the toxic environment.

I have two things that help me escape. My art, and Colt— our college basketball team's best shooting guard and my best friend with the emotional depth of a tree. He cares for nothing but basketball, his dad…and me.

We’ve been best friends for years. If he’s not climbing through my bedroom window at night, I’m climbing through his. It’s a habit that started the day his mom died, and we haven’t spent a night apart since.

But we’re just friends. Nothing more.

Our dating relationships are equally disastrous. Colt’s tendency to say inappropriate things, and my inability to trust makes dating other people hard and exhausting.

The truth is there’s only one person I trust, one person I’m comfortable with. And that’s Colt. No one else. He’s been my first everything.

My first friend. My first hug. My first date. My first kiss.

But then the lines blur and we become more than friends. Will I find my happily ever after…or will I lose my best friend?


Mackenzie Lane is a contemporary romance author who believes the world needs a little more love.

She enjoys long romantic walks down the wine aisle and watching Supernatural on repeat when she’s not busy writing swoon-worthy, damaged heroes to sweep you off your feet.

HOSTED BY:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...