Review: Heartless King (Kings of Rittenhouse #5) by Maya Hughes
To say that Colm is pissed and spiraling is an understatement. So when he and Imo spend a passionate night together, it's not exactly the start of something wonderful. Nope. Fast forward, though, and Colm's back in her life. This time, though, Imo is going to stick around and help him. She sees through him and the face he shows the rest of the world, but she's determined to get through to him, to help him see what she sees, to heal. And then that dreaded two lines happens. Will Colm step up and take responsibility? Can these two broken people make it work?
I have to admit here, that not only have I only read 1 of the previous stories in this series, but also that I didn't like Colm a whole hell of a lot for much of his story. Imo was awesome from her first appearance, but Colm was just such an ass. I understood why, but it didn't exactly endear me to him or make me like him for about 3/4 of their journey. And then he started to slowly redeem himself and I could see in him what Imo (and apparently a lot of other readers) did.
I can safely say I like Heartless King. It's angsty af, it's sexy, and it's an emotional roller coaster. The rest of the Kings are around, Liv and Colm's relationship is a high point as they come to terms with each other, and in the end, Imo and Colm took a journey filled with pain, highs and lows, and love. I know this is the end of this series, but if it had to end, I'd say this is a good couple to end with.
ARC via Give Me Books Promotions.
To say that Colm is pissed and spiraling is an understatement. So when he and Imo spend a passionate night together, it's not exactly the start of something wonderful. Nope. Fast forward, though, and Colm's back in her life. This time, though, Imo is going to stick around and help him. She sees through him and the face he shows the rest of the world, but she's determined to get through to him, to help him see what she sees, to heal. And then that dreaded two lines happens. Will Colm step up and take responsibility? Can these two broken people make it work?
I have to admit here, that not only have I only read 1 of the previous stories in this series, but also that I didn't like Colm a whole hell of a lot for much of his story. Imo was awesome from her first appearance, but Colm was just such an ass. I understood why, but it didn't exactly endear me to him or make me like him for about 3/4 of their journey. And then he started to slowly redeem himself and I could see in him what Imo (and apparently a lot of other readers) did.
I can safely say I like Heartless King. It's angsty af, it's sexy, and it's an emotional roller coaster. The rest of the Kings are around, Liv and Colm's relationship is a high point as they come to terms with each other, and in the end, Imo and Colm took a journey filled with pain, highs and lows, and love. I know this is the end of this series, but if it had to end, I'd say this is a good couple to end with.
ARC via Give Me Books Promotions.






Comments
Post a Comment