Skip to main content

Review & Release Blitz: Abducted (Sinister Fairy Tales Collection) by K.I. Lynn

Title: Abducted
Collection: Sinister Fairy Tales Collection
Author: K.I. Lynn
Genre: Dark Fairy Tale Retrelling
Release Date: May 5, 2020
The mafia never lets you go.

I thought I was safe, free, but I never expected to find myself locked in a cage.

I’m in his territory. His prison.

The beast.

A fate worse than death awaits me if I can’t get away, so when the opportunity of salvation presents itself I grab it, even if I’m unsure if I can trust the hand I’m holding.

The only way out is through, exposing secrets and spilling blood.

Things aren’t how they appear. Nobody is what they seem.

Not even me.
MY REVIEW
Ella (Belle/Ari/Arabella) ran from her father and has been on her own since then, making ends meet by stripping. When some suits show up at her club, she figures her father has finally found her, but she's not about to go down without fighting. Unfortunately, the man who's actually come for her, who actually takes her, just may be worse than her father, so how can she possibly be falling for Domenico, la Bestia?

Will Domenico really sell her to the highest bidder, or will this Beast want the Beauty for his own?

I love this entry of the Sinister Fairy Tales Collection, a dark retelling of Beauty and the Beast, Mafia style. It's dark and sexy and Arabella and her Bestia are a powerful, intense couple.


Prologue -

Somewhere in Chicago…
The chains chafed my wrists, making me wish I were still in my cage. Though it lacked privacy, the cage at least had a bed, and in there I wasn’t restrained with my arms above my head. But I was in Domenico’s domain. The small bedroom-like area was created from a previous office. There was a lamp and a mattress with a blanket, but those were the only creature comforts. The rest of the room retained both the look and smell of the rest of the decaying structure.
With no way to tell time, I wasn’t sure how long I’d been there. All I knew was that I was tired. Being held against my will caused spikes in my adrenaline, and the subsequent crashes left me drained. The small panic attacks had lessened over the past few weeks, but there was an undercurrent of strife, and I feared what would happen if things got out of control.
I stared at the bed, wishing I were on it. All that did was cause the memories of him inside me to come slamming down. The absolute owning of my body by him and him alone. The way he made me come undone.
Feelings that I shouldn’t have with his touch, but I did.Feelings I drowned in as he consumed me.
I am Domenico’s…for now.
And that was the thought that always sent questions spiraling out of control and a spike of fear to run through me.
I was a caged bird. A pet awaiting a sentence bound to be more grim than any fairy-tale horror.

   
K.I. Lynn is the USA Today Bestselling Author from The Bend Anthology, Amazon Bestseller Becoming Mrs. Lockwood, and the Amazon Bestselling Series, Breach. She spent her life in the arts, everything from music to painting and ceramics, then to writing. Characters have always run around in her head, acting out their stories, but it wasn't until later in life she would put them to pen. It would turn out to be the one thing she was really passionate about.

Since she began posting stories online, she's garnered acclaim for her diverse stories and hard hitting writing style. Two stories and characters are never the same, her brain moving through different ideas faster than she can write them down as it also plots its quest for world domination...or cheese. Whichever is easier to obtain... Usually it's cheese.


HOSTED BY:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...