Skip to main content

Review Tour: Stranded (In Midsummer #1) by Jessica Frances

Title: Stranded
Series: In Midsummer #1
Author: Jessica Frances
Genre: M/M Mystery Romance
Release Date: May 29, 2020
One small town. One hot sheriff. One night of passion. One massive cold shoulder. One murder. One suspect. One chance.

I’m furious when my car breaks down in the small, quiet town of Midsummer, Arkansas. Then I meet the incredibly hot town sheriff and hope that things might be looking up. Unfortunately, that encounter sours fast, leaving me ready to put this town in my rearview mirror. That won’t be easy though, since my car has left me stranded here. Now I’m trapped in a town that has nothing to offer me.

Or does it?

When an opportunity presents itself that could see me staying longer than expected, I begin to notice Midsummer’s charm. I start to wonder if maybe staying won’t be such a bad thing. Even the sheriff is beginning to thaw toward me.

That is until someone commits murder and I become the number one suspect.

Can I convince everyone I’m not the murderer? Or will the real killer walk free?

MY REVIEW
When Conner's car breaks down in the tiny town of Midsummer, it not only gives him the hottest encounter of his life, followed quickly by one serious diss, but it also ends up giving him a new sense of home and a new bestie in the irrepresible Love.

Ooooh I loved Stranded!! The only downside is that now I want more and I have no idea when book 2 will be out. Conner is an absolute sweetheart who deserves all the good things. Rocky? Well, I admit to being a tad miffed at him, still, even though I'm done reading the first installment. But I have to hold onto hope that Jessica will make Rocky redeem himself, and since the second installment is written in his POV, it should be good to see what he thinks, rather than only getting Conner's perspective as Stranded gives us. These two have serious chemistry, and if Rocky can just take his head out of his ass and let himself be happy with Conner, they could have something beautiful. And I will be reading along as they hopefully achieve that happiness!

Born and raised in South Australia, Jessica spends her days working in a bakery, afternoons catching up on lost sleep, and nights reading and writing. Writing has always been a passion of hers, however it wasn’t until recently that she decided to put pen to paper and make things official.


HOSTED BY:

Comments

  1. Thank you for such a wonderful review! I really appreciate you taking the time to read and review Stranded. Book two will be releasing early July, but look for it to come through Enticing Journey Book Reviews in the next few days! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!