Skip to main content

Review & Release Blitz: Gold Mine (Diamond #2) by Skye Warren

Title: Gold Mine
Series: Diamond #2
Author: Skye Warren
Genre: Dark Contemporary Romance
Release Date: September 15, 2020
Blurb
Holly Frank is in trouble. The deadly kind.

She and her sister must evade the authorities and the criminals who want them dead. Including Elijah North. The man who took her heart in Paris, her body in a prison cell, and her trust without remorse.

He's determined to keep her safe. Even if that means losing her forever.

Adam Bisset has his own dark agenda.

She’s caught between the two men, torn apart with every sensual push and pull. Each touch is a lie, each whispered tenderness a trap—but she can’t resist them.

Their lies are tearing her apart. Her enemies are catching up with her. And when she’s taken captive again, she finds out secrets to unravel it all.
Purchase Links
AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
MY REVIEW
Holly (Holland) and her sister London have been on the run, but now the time has finally come to hand over the diamonds to pay off London's debt. Then they both can move on with their lives. Except of course it's not going to be that simple because yet again Adam foils things. But then Elijah is there, too. Is he there to rescue her or kidnap her again? She knows he has to be angry that she ran from him. But she had to, for her sanity, for her heart, for her sister's sake. Or at least, that's what she told herself, keeps telling herself.

Elijah knows he's no good for Holly, he has to keep her, but yet he can't. He's no good for her but he needs her. The question is, will she stay once she knows about his past?
"I can't hold her captive. I can't let her leave. The contradiction is tearing me apart."
"She should know that I'll hurt her. It's inevitable. As inevitable as finding her. She's my prey, and I"m her monster."
Is he really, though? I'm not sure if he's the monster he says he is. I know Holly loves him, as evidenced by the truly awful cliffhanger. And now I'm left with lots of questions, the main being "WHY?!?!?" Yes, there's a freaking cliffhanger, which I knew because this is a trilogy, but I'm still kinda freaking out because I can tell that Holly and Elijah have barely scratched the surface of not only his layers, but of their relationship, and of the craziness going on around them.

Gold Mine is sexy, addicting reading and I'm very impatiently waiting for Silver Lining. I'm not sure when it will land on my eager Kindle, but I hope it's pretty damn soon!
Also Available
AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
Author Bio
Skye Warren is the New York Times bestselling author of contemporary romance such as the Chicago Underground series. Her books have been featured in Jezebel, Buzzfeed, USA Today Happily Ever After, Glamour, and Elle Magazine. She makes her home in Texas with her loving family, two sweet dogs, and one evil cat.
Author Links

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...