Skip to main content

Review / Release Blitz: On The Rocks (Love After Midnight #3) by Elise Faber

The second I saw him I felt...everything.
On The Rocks by Elise Faber is now live!
I was a failure.

I’d grown up with two well-meaning, but also two overbearing parents, and, as the youngest of three siblings, I was the only one who wasn’t “successful.”

I worked in a bar. In. A. Bar.

Yup, that was me hearing my mother’s disappointed voice. Because everyone around me was climbing the corporate ladder or performing brain surgery. Hell, my own brother was succeeding as an actual rocket scientist. Meanwhile, I was slinging drinks and refining the art of mixing the perfect Cosmopolitan.

I didn’t know what I wanted to do—other than not being a rocket scientist—or who I wanted to be when I grew up. And if I was being honest with myself, growing up had come and gone a while ago.

I just . . . wanted to feel something.

Excitement or pleasure or even to know what it was like get my heart broken. But nothing ever happened to me. I existed in this boring bubble of life, pouring drinks most nights, reading the others away, and . . . not feeling anything.

Until I saw him.

Then I felt everything.
MY REVIEW
Annabelle has been welcomed into the folds of a new family, one who accepts and loves her the way she is - a bartender, one not driven to succeed in some high pressure job like her siblings, one who is the black sheep in her Filipino/Korean family. So when Brooke's brother, Hayden, comes back from the dead, and she sees Brooke upset by it, her mama bear protective instincts rush to the fore. Hayden has the brunt of her wrath now, and he's going to have to work hard to get beyond that, not just with her, but with the people he let down: his sister and his best friend.

This one is my favorite so far of this series, and not just cuz my girl Annabelle is Filipina like I am. She's tough and has a lot of issues thanks to her horrible family. God, my heart hurt for her whenever she interacted with those awful people. But she had her family in her crew - Brooke, Iris, Kace and Brent, and they loved her. And then along came Hayden, and he just rounded out that family. I loved Hayden - sweet, strong but vulnerable Hayden, who worked hard to let his sister and best friend know he loved them and was sticking around. And the way he instantly wanted to know tough girl Annabelle was awesome. This is a passionate, awesome story with two really likable characters that share an intense connection.

About the Author
USA Today bestselling author, Elise Faber, loves chocolate, Star Wars, Harry Potter, and hockey (the order depending on the day and how well her team -- the Sharks! -- are playing). She and her husband also play as much hockey as they can squeeze into their schedules, so much so that their typical date night is spent on the ice. Elise is the mom to two exuberant boys and lives in Northern California. Connect with her in her Facebook group, the Fabinators or find more information about her books at www.elisefaber.com.
Connect with Elise!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: One Little Lie by Whitney Barbetti

Review of One Little Lie by Whitney Barbetti ONE LITTLE LIE Hollis is a good girl with a crush on a broody musician. Unfortunately, that boy, Adam, hates her. Why? Because the chip on his shoulder leaves him thinking good girl, rich girl Hollis is a lemming like everyone else in their small town. Which makes it even more unfortunate when years after their high school encounter, Hollis' best friend tries to stick up for her and ends up telling her parents that Adam is the the boyfriend Hollis doesn't actually have. Oops. How will Hollis ever convince Adam to go along with her little lie? I really liked One Little Lie. Hollis is a really naive girl, but she has such a huge heart that I couldn't help but fall in love with her spirit. She's so sweet, so compassionate, the kind of person this world needs more of. Adam, on the other hand, eh, he didn't do much for me. His chip on the shoulder, broody asshole attitude did nothing to endear me to him, but because H...

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...