Skip to main content

Review / Book Tour: The Estate by Ivy Wild

Title: The Estate
Author: Ivy Wild
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: December 15, 2020
Carter:
Family. Honor. Commitment.
My entire life was built around these three words.
And my entire life turned out to be a lie.
But burying the pain is easier than dealing with it and that’s what I’d planned to do.
Until Lex Evans showed up.
She tore down the walls I’d thrown around my heart brick by brick.
She reduced me to rubble, so she could build me back up.
Lex:
I am the girl people abandon and I’ve accepted that.
I don’t say no because I don’t know how and people take advantage of it.
I hoped he’d be different. It seemed like he was.
Carter Ross swept into my life and I didn’t say no.
But this time, I didn’t want to.
His walls are up so high, but I can see the cracks.
And in all his darkness, he can’t stop the light from seeping through.
When he leaves, I’ll be the one to break.

The Estate is a complete stand-alone contemporary romance novel. No cliffhangers!
Bookaddict_fanatic - “A sexy as sin, page turner!”
Book Addict Reviews - “ emotional, it is angsty and there is plenty of drama throughout the story.”
Katslovesbooks - “This book has all the feels!!!”
MY REVIEW
Lex is the woman everyone leaves, and she's gotten used to it. So when she meets Carter, and falls for him, she expects him to be the same way. She doesn't take into account that Carter has as many demons as she does, and perhaps they're perfect for each other.

Carter's had such a hard life, wanting, but never receiving, love from his father, and having his ex-wife cheat on him. Then the coma happened. And now, this gorgeous woman slides into his life and he's unsure because he promised himself he'd never go there again with a woman, considering his past. But something about Lex calls to him, and he can't help himself. Will both let go of their pasts and allow themselves love, or will their issues be too much for them to get past?

The Estate is entertaining, steamy, and I loved Carter and Lex together. I wish there were more coming in their world, if there were, I'd be the first to read!
Writer of all things untamed, romantic and free, Ivy Wild never planned on becoming a romance novelist. In fact, she hated romance as a kid and was quite proud of that fact. Basically, life is weird.

Married to her own alpha hero, she currently lives in various places of the world at various times thanks to his military career.

Her current side hustle is being a lawyer.

HOSTED BY:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...