Skip to main content

Review / Release Blitz: A Borrowed Boyfriend (Fairy Godmother Agency #1) by Angela Casella

He’s the perfect fake boyfriend.
Maybe too perfect…

A Borrowed Boyfriend, a hilarious and sexy fake dating romantic comedy from USA Today bestselling author Angela Casella, is now available!


On a scale of one to ten, how bad is it that I want to see my fake boyfriend naked?

Marnie

What’s worse than being left at the altar? Becoming a meme because one of your nearest and dearest took a video of you running—and falling—down the aisle and made it internet famous.

Yup, I’m that Marnie Jones. My sister is for-real famous, which only makes people more interested in my predicament. Is it any wonder I’m feeling down?

My best friends will try anything to cheer me up…including setting me up with the Fairy Godmother Agency, a maybe-crazy husband and wife private investigator-slash-life coach team who promise to find the person who sold me out. Better yet, they lend me a fake boyfriend to make my ex jealous and appease my sister.

Griffin is gorgeous, attentive, and a very convincing actor. He’s perfect for the job.

Too perfect.

***

Griffin

After a lifetime of practice, I’m good at pretending. But the more time I spend with Marnie Jones, the less I have to feign my interest in her.

She may be down, but she’s not out. She’s beautiful, funny, and just the right amount of weird. All she needs is someone to remind her of that.

If I weren’t such a screw up, I’d have half a mind to do it myself.



MY REVIEW

Marnie's friends are worried about her. She's still down about being made into a viral meme after being left at the altar by her douchey ex. Their solution? Set her up with the Fairy Godmother Agency and a fake boyfriend. She's thanking those friends now because that fake boyfriend is turning out to be the perfect guy for her - sweet, sexy and there for her in a way no man has ever been there for her in the past. But is her fake boyfriend going to stand a chance at becoming real?

Griffin isn't without his own issues, but he can't help but want to help Marnie out and even more significantly, he can't help but fall in love with her. But will his past, the past that's responsible for his issues, be an obstacle to their fake turning real relationship?

Witty, funny, sweet and with more than a little sizzling chemistry, Marnie and Griffin's story is the kind of rom-com I love best. It's in the same universe as some of the author's other series, so it feels familiar but in the best kind of way. The secondary cast rounds out the story and gives a very good feeling for all the stories to come from the Fairy Godmother Agency.

About Angela Casella
ANGELA CASELLA loves writing romcoms, particularly with the lovely Denise Grover Swank. They write together as Angela Denise. Angela also writes the Fairy Godmother Agency series. She lives in Asheville, NC with her husband, daughter, and two geriatric dogs. Her hobbies include herding her daughter toward less dangerous activities, stress baking, and marathon watching TV shows.

Connect with Angela
Facebook: https://bit.ly/3gOsV5v
Website: www.angelacasella.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!