Skip to main content

Review / Release Blitz: The Charmer (The Leblanc Brothers #2) by Layla Hagen


The Charmer
Layla Hagen
Release Date: August 9

Available in Kindle Unlimited!

Julian Leblanc's story is a sizzling fake relationship romance set in the heart of New Orleans. She’s too damn hot, but also rude and unprofessional... yet that doesn’t stop me from becoming her fake boyfriend.

I pride myself on never doubting my decisions. It’s why my business runs so smoothly. But when a disgruntled supplier tracks me down, and I discover that she lost business because of me, I’m determined to make things right.

First step—I invite Georgie to a Mardi Gras party, to wave the proverbial white flag. Only her asshole of an ex shows up, insulting her. All my protective instincts kick in and I kiss her on the spot. That shuts him up. The only problem is, once I have a taste, I crave more.

So I proposition to be her fake boyfriend. My excuse? I’ll help her get her clients back by taking her to elite parties around New Orleans. But this fake dating becomes addictive. Suddenly a kiss is not enough; a touch is only the beginning and Georgie is captivating me in a way no one ever did.

Then one evening at midnight, all masks come off. And so do our reasons for pretending.
I desperately want her, but I’m not the settle-down-type-of-guy, and Georgie deserves that. With her, I’ve become the man I never thought I ever could be. Our passion is real. But can it be more?

Grab Your Copy Here


MY REVIEW


Georgie's family company has long done business with the Leblancs, but this year, because of mother nature, the Leblancs have dumped her, setting into motion a ripple effect of other companies dumping hers. How dare Julian Leblanc just dump her company without a single discussion with her?! So now she's determined to go confront the man. When things don't go exactly as expected, the two are left with a fake dating situation that Georgie's determined won't be anything but fake to save face in front of her disgusting ex, and to help her business.


Julian isn't used to having any of his decisions questioned, so why is he so attracted to this feisty woman who just called him out regarding their severed professional relationship? And why is he now offering to not just help her get her business back, but to spend time together in a fake dating arrangement? He hasn't ever been attracted to someone as much as he is to Georgie, but he isn't sure he's the man she wants and deserves. The kind who offers her forever.


I love the Leblancs! They're a large, loud, but loving family, and once they fold someone into their arms, they're with them permanently. Such is the case with Julian and Georgie. Thank God for the grandmas and the rest of the family, because if they hadn't talked sense into Julian, who knows what would have happened? The sassy, feisty Georgie is the perfect woman to take on the charming, but commitment-phobic Julian. She didn't put up with his bs, went toe to toe with him, and he realized just how much he loved that about her, how different it made her from all the other women he normally associated with. The spice is top notch and the ending is sweet and funny, and gives us a glimpse into which brother will fall in love next.


Meet Layla Hagen

My name is Layla Hagen and I am a USA Today bestselling author of contemporary romance. I fell in love with books when I was nine years old, and my love affair with stories continues even now, many years later. I write romantic stories and can’t wait to share them with the world. And I drink coffee.

Keep up with Layla Hagen and subscribe to her newsletter: http://laylahagen.com/mailing-list-sign-up/

To learn more about Layla Hagen & her books, visit here

Connect with Layla Hagen

Hosted By:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...