Skip to main content

Review: Careless (Ashford Creek #0.5) by Carrie Ann Ryan


Careless, the prequel to Carrie Ann Ryan's new Ashford Creek series is LIVE NOW!

Purchase it for free here:
https://carrieannryan.com/books/careless/

Tropes: Age Gap, Best Friend's Sister, Friends to Lovers, Forbidden Love, Small Town


On my 21st birthday, I know there’s only one wish I’m making when I blow out my candles. A chance with him.

Only I’m his best friend’s little sister, so that means I’m beyond off limits.

And did I mention he’s older?

I’m ready to be seen as my own person and to take the next step.

But I know it can’t be with him.

Yet when I’m backed in a corner, there’s only one person I can call for help.

Him.

Careless is the prequel to the Ashford Creek series. Learn how Callum Ashford and Felicity Carter fall into a careless mistake before their full story in Legacy.

MY REVIEW

Felicity's just turned 21 and wants everyone, especially her brother's best friend Callum, to recognize she's an adult. She's crushed on him forever, but he's always only viewed her as the much younger little sister of his friend. But when she needs him most and she calls, he comes running to the rescue. Will it be the catalyst for him to finally give into the chemistry she knows is there?


Felicity and Callum's story is off to an intriguing start in Careless. The tension between them is going to make for some serious sparks when their full length story begins in Legacy, and I cannot wait for it. Though Careless is only the beginning, Carrie amped up the intensity by not only presenting the would be couple, but the secondary characters as well, who will be getting their own stories. This prequel is pitched perfectly, and has me highly impatient for what's to come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: One Little Lie by Whitney Barbetti

Review of One Little Lie by Whitney Barbetti ONE LITTLE LIE Hollis is a good girl with a crush on a broody musician. Unfortunately, that boy, Adam, hates her. Why? Because the chip on his shoulder leaves him thinking good girl, rich girl Hollis is a lemming like everyone else in their small town. Which makes it even more unfortunate when years after their high school encounter, Hollis' best friend tries to stick up for her and ends up telling her parents that Adam is the the boyfriend Hollis doesn't actually have. Oops. How will Hollis ever convince Adam to go along with her little lie? I really liked One Little Lie. Hollis is a really naive girl, but she has such a huge heart that I couldn't help but fall in love with her spirit. She's so sweet, so compassionate, the kind of person this world needs more of. Adam, on the other hand, eh, he didn't do much for me. His chip on the shoulder, broody asshole attitude did nothing to endear me to him, but because H...

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...