Skip to main content

Review Blitz: Twenty Seconds to Love Him (The Bartender Chronicles #1) by Haleigh Falcon


TWENTY SECONDS TO LOVE HIM
Haleigh Falcon
Release Date: March 15

Buy Link:
https://a.co/d/fEreIgR
Available in KU

Why you will love this book…

🔥Gay awakening
🔥Childhood best friends to lovers
🔥Possessive MMCs
🔥It’s always been you
🔥Share a bed
🔥Himbo
🔥Obliviously in love
🔥Roommates


Blurb
Bodie

Bryce has been my constant for as long as I can remember. He’s my best friend. That's all. When my girlfriend breaks up with me, claiming I'm in love with him, I panic at first. Bryce reasons with me and we both laugh it off—until I can't any longer. The lines between friendship and something deeper begin to blur, and suddenly everything feels different. As he pushes back for the sake of saving our friendship, I’m left wondering—what if I miss out on what we could’ve become?

Bryce
Bodie has always been my anchor in a way no one else ever was. When things shift between us, fear makes me hesitant. I’m not sure risking our friendship is worth exploring this any further. Choosing him in ways I never have before may destroy me if I ruin it. I have truths I keep buried, secrets that still own too much of me. As we step into something new and uncharted, things become clearer—until the universe decides to test us. Can our love withstand what tries to break us apart?

Please read full content warnings.

MY REVIEW


When Bodie's dumped by his girlfriend and the reason she gives him is she thinks he's in love with his best friend, Bryce, it makes him see their friendship in a whole new light. Is he really in love with Bryce? And if he is, does Bryce feel the same way? Maybe their friendship can withstand a new direction.


Bryce may have had more than friendly feelings for his oblivious best friend, but acting on them? That's a whole different thing. The last thing he wants to do is risk hurting their friendship. Giving into the new chemistry between them could break them and he's not sure he wants to chance it. But how can he resist Bodie's new behavior? Resist how sweet he is, how insanely hot he is?


Bodie and Bryce are the sweetest. Reading as they fell in love, or I guess, realized they were in love, made me smile. Bodie is adorable as he navigates his new feelings, his realizations, and does all the little things for Bryce, and the big things, too. Bryce had some trauma from his past that he didn't want to share, but Bodie was there for him and it made me tear up even as I cheered them on. I really like this best friends to more story, their twenty second hugs still make me happy thinking about them even though I finished reading days ago.


Meet Haleigh Falcon
Haleigh Falcon grew up in the Northeast, spending almost 20 years living in Maryland before putting down roots farther South. While she calls Maryland home, she now lives with her wife and adorable fur/feather babies in North Carolina.

Haleigh writes romance novels, the majority of which are queer romance, exploring the beautiful, messy, and intricate ways love shows up in our lives. While her favorite tropes to write about are found family, bi-awakenings, and hurt/comfort, she loves creating characters who are just trying to figure things out like the rest of us. At her core, she wants her stories to feel real, to make readers feel seen and maybe a little less alone.

Connect with Haleigh Falcon
https://www.instagram.com/haleigh_falcon_author/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...