BAD DECISIONS & BACK ROADS
Zoe Forward
Release Date: August 3
Buy Link:
https://books2read.com/u/4A9pYk
Why you need to #ONECLICK this book...
🔥small-town family feud
🔥second chance romance
🔥revenge-minded hero
🔥forced proximity
🔥veterinary romance
Zoe Forward
Release Date: August 3
Buy Link:
https://books2read.com/u/4A9pYk
Why you need to #ONECLICK this book...
🔥small-town family feud
🔥second chance romance
🔥revenge-minded hero
🔥forced proximity
🔥veterinary romance
Blurb
The problem with bad decisions is you never stop wanting them.
I used to be the rebellious girl from the wrong side of the fenceline. He was the local hellraiser nobody could tame. While our families carried on a feud older than indoor plumbing, we fell for each other. Then my vicious father found out. To save Timothy's life, I broke his heart and disappeared.
Now over a decade later, I'm back as a large-animal veterinarian, working at his brother's clinic and treating everything from prize dairy cows to Timothy's homicidal llama. Avoiding him should be easy.
It isn't.
He's a single dad running two businesses, still infuriatingly irresistible, and determined to make me pay for every year he spent hating me.
The problem? I never stopped loving him. But if he learns why I really left, I could lose him forever.
The problem with bad decisions is you never stop wanting them.
I used to be the rebellious girl from the wrong side of the fenceline. He was the local hellraiser nobody could tame. While our families carried on a feud older than indoor plumbing, we fell for each other. Then my vicious father found out. To save Timothy's life, I broke his heart and disappeared.
Now over a decade later, I'm back as a large-animal veterinarian, working at his brother's clinic and treating everything from prize dairy cows to Timothy's homicidal llama. Avoiding him should be easy.
It isn't.
He's a single dad running two businesses, still infuriatingly irresistible, and determined to make me pay for every year he spent hating me.
The problem? I never stopped loving him. But if he learns why I really left, I could lose him forever.
MY REVIEW
Gia's back in her small hometown, the place where memories both wonderful and awful still reside. Her first and only love is here, too, and she knows she can't avoid him. She does and doesn't want to face him, see the man he's grown into, the daughter he now has. But she doesn't have a choice because her boss is Timothy's brother. She can handle him, right? What she can't do, is tell him why she left, or that she never stopped loving him, even though it's clear he hates her for leaving.
Timothy has never gotten over Gia leaving him all those years ago. He's spent those years telling himself he hates her, but tries not to worry about her, considering his life is full already with a daughter, multiple businesses, and fixing everything for everyone in their small town. Then she comes back and he's forced to confront his real feelings for her. Now he's determined to make Gia his again, even if he finds out what really drove her away from him back then.
I definitely was not prepared for all the heartbreak in Gia and Timothy's, especially Gia's, past. I wanted to give her a big hug more than once, but in the end, all that pain just made her a strong survivor. Without that strength, she probably could not have endured the years apart, or even some of what happened when she came back. I remember in Timothy's brother Josh's story (Can't Shoot Whiskey), not being very fond of Timothy, but here in his own story, I couldn't help fall in love with him as he and Gia found the forever they started all those years ago. I loved this second chance love story - it has so much heart and two loveable, relatable characters.
Meet Zoe Forward
USA Today bestselling author, parent, wife, veterinarian, chocolate lover. Author of spicy paranormal and contemporary romances. Zoe Forward brings readers the perfect combination of action adventure, romance, humor and a bit of magic.
Her novels have won numerous awards including the Prism, Readers' Choice Heart of Excellence, Golden Quill, Carolyn Readers Choice Award, and the Booksellers' Best Award.
You can find her residing in the South with a menagerie of four-legged beasts and two wild kids.
Connect with Zoe Forward
https://linktr.ee/zforward
USA Today bestselling author, parent, wife, veterinarian, chocolate lover. Author of spicy paranormal and contemporary romances. Zoe Forward brings readers the perfect combination of action adventure, romance, humor and a bit of magic.
Her novels have won numerous awards including the Prism, Readers' Choice Heart of Excellence, Golden Quill, Carolyn Readers Choice Award, and the Booksellers' Best Award.
You can find her residing in the South with a menagerie of four-legged beasts and two wild kids.
Connect with Zoe Forward
https://linktr.ee/zforward







Comments
Post a Comment