Review of The Precious Ruby (The Precious Trilogy, #1) by C. Renee
3 stars
Olivia has been living in an abusive relationship with Matt for far too long when she finally decides to leave. She's cut herself off from her family and friends, though, since becoming involved with Matt, so she has no one to turn to for help. That's OK, she can leave on her own, if she can just figure out the right time and the right way to do it. When she's rammed in her car after traveling to LA, she's rescued by a mysterious savior who has striking green eyes, eyes she'll never forget. Those eyes belong to playboy Alex, who is a billionaire's son but plays paramedic on the side. When he sees Olivia again at a club, he doesn't recognize her as the woman he saved one night, but he does know he wants her. And have her, he will, if he can get her on board.
I could see where this new author was going in Precious Ruby, but for my tastes it just didn't quite get there. I didn't connect to or really like either Olivia or Alex, especially Olivia. I empathized with her, but I didn't feel any kind of connection to her or her backstory, as she felt flat to me. Alex was a bit one note, the typical manwhore playboy so prevalent in romance these days. He even calls himself a manwhore for God's sake. I do think that in the next installments, he'll probably do a lot of redeeming himself, though, so for him to be this way in just the first part of the story is probably fine, AS LONG AS he does change his ways in the future.
I can say that the basic story here is good, I just had a few problems with the execution and the two leads. I do see potential in this author's writing and hope to read more from her in the future.
#bookreview #ARC #trilogy #abuse #MC #playboy #paramedic #crenee
3 stars
Olivia has been living in an abusive relationship with Matt for far too long when she finally decides to leave. She's cut herself off from her family and friends, though, since becoming involved with Matt, so she has no one to turn to for help. That's OK, she can leave on her own, if she can just figure out the right time and the right way to do it. When she's rammed in her car after traveling to LA, she's rescued by a mysterious savior who has striking green eyes, eyes she'll never forget. Those eyes belong to playboy Alex, who is a billionaire's son but plays paramedic on the side. When he sees Olivia again at a club, he doesn't recognize her as the woman he saved one night, but he does know he wants her. And have her, he will, if he can get her on board.
I could see where this new author was going in Precious Ruby, but for my tastes it just didn't quite get there. I didn't connect to or really like either Olivia or Alex, especially Olivia. I empathized with her, but I didn't feel any kind of connection to her or her backstory, as she felt flat to me. Alex was a bit one note, the typical manwhore playboy so prevalent in romance these days. He even calls himself a manwhore for God's sake. I do think that in the next installments, he'll probably do a lot of redeeming himself, though, so for him to be this way in just the first part of the story is probably fine, AS LONG AS he does change his ways in the future.
I can say that the basic story here is good, I just had a few problems with the execution and the two leads. I do see potential in this author's writing and hope to read more from her in the future.
#bookreview #ARC #trilogy #abuse #MC #playboy #paramedic #crenee

Comments
Post a Comment