Review of Crave by Adriana Locke
Hadley wants to finally get Machlan out of her system once and for all. So back home she heads. So what if she has to go to Crave, the bar he owns, to see him. So what if a bar is the last place she wants to be?
But of course, things don't quite work out as she plans, because of course not. Of course their emotional ties are too complicated for her to simply be done with him. But can these two truly move past their tangled history and just be friends? Do they have it in themselves to just finally accept they cannot be together? Or is the love they both feel too strong to be ignored?
Agh!!! Crave was a tugger of my heart strings. It was so obvious they have a painful history. A history that was SLOWLY revealed. And as each bit was revealed, I hurt more for them. There were times I wanted to perhaps shake each of them, though, because their back and forth was a bit, um whiplash-y, and it hurt my head (and my heart). It was painful to see them be so indecisive with each other, to see them hurting each other.
If you've been reading this series, you'll already know Mach and Hadley, and probably love (or not) them, but here in their own story, I full on fell for them, and I think you will, too. Their journey is so fraught with pain and angst, so freakin' emotional, but it's beautiful at the end of the day. Thank you, Adriana, for giving Had and Mach their own beautiful, though painful, story. Can't wait for Peck's story next! He's been the most interesting, intriguing character throughout this series and I'm so glad we're going to be able to read his story next.
ARC via author.
#bookreview #newrelease #secondchanceromance #GibsonBoysSeries #AdrianaLocke #bookseries #ARC
Hadley wants to finally get Machlan out of her system once and for all. So back home she heads. So what if she has to go to Crave, the bar he owns, to see him. So what if a bar is the last place she wants to be?
But of course, things don't quite work out as she plans, because of course not. Of course their emotional ties are too complicated for her to simply be done with him. But can these two truly move past their tangled history and just be friends? Do they have it in themselves to just finally accept they cannot be together? Or is the love they both feel too strong to be ignored?
Agh!!! Crave was a tugger of my heart strings. It was so obvious they have a painful history. A history that was SLOWLY revealed. And as each bit was revealed, I hurt more for them. There were times I wanted to perhaps shake each of them, though, because their back and forth was a bit, um whiplash-y, and it hurt my head (and my heart). It was painful to see them be so indecisive with each other, to see them hurting each other.
If you've been reading this series, you'll already know Mach and Hadley, and probably love (or not) them, but here in their own story, I full on fell for them, and I think you will, too. Their journey is so fraught with pain and angst, so freakin' emotional, but it's beautiful at the end of the day. Thank you, Adriana, for giving Had and Mach their own beautiful, though painful, story. Can't wait for Peck's story next! He's been the most interesting, intriguing character throughout this series and I'm so glad we're going to be able to read his story next.
ARC via author.
#bookreview #newrelease #secondchanceromance #GibsonBoysSeries #AdrianaLocke #bookseries #ARC



Comments
Post a Comment