Review of No White Knight by Angel Payne & Victoria Blue
Taylor is an independent, sassy firecracker who stirs Dr. Maclain Stone like he's never been before. So when the time has finally come for him to make his move, the wedding of his patient and her friend seems the perfect time. He gets to lay his hands on her delectable legs as he slides the bride's garter up her thigh, and he just might make it to the promised land. Right...but nope, he didn't count on her defenses or her complete and total sass. Sass that he ends up loving. But first he'll have to scale the miles high walls she's erected around her heart, around her entire being. Poor Mac...
I wanted to love No White Knight, and I did end up liking it, sorta. The first half maybe. But Taylor's sass actually got a little old to me, which is a first for me because normally I dig it when the heroine is all kinds of feisty and fiery - doormats are an absolute no no for this woman. But Taylor's back and forth, hot and cold attitude started to wear on me and I swear on my Bible that I ended up with a huge headache by about the middle of the book. It's not that I hated No White Knight or anything. It just bogged down and I couldn't see the forest for the trees, or more accurately, I couldn't see how Taylor was going to ever make me fall in love with her the way Mac obviously had. Taylor was a p i t a. Seriously. I don't know how poor Mac put up with her bitchy attitude. I get that she was damaged by her mother's ridiculous ways, but really, she took it too far, wayyyy too far. We've all got baggage, but the way she dealt with that baggage was just this short of ridiculous. Time for her to grow up!
I do admit that I am perhaps interested in whether she'll woman up and get her head out of her ass, so I just may read the next installment in their obviously bumpy journey, but it'll depend upon whether or not I have enough Tylenol on hand that day for the headache that I'm sure to develop while reading.
ARC via Bare Naked Words.
#bookreview #newrelease #NoWhiteKnight #AngelPayne #VictoriaBlue #SecretsOfStoneSeries #bookseries #contemporaryromance #romance #cliffhanger #ARC #BareNakedWords
Taylor is an independent, sassy firecracker who stirs Dr. Maclain Stone like he's never been before. So when the time has finally come for him to make his move, the wedding of his patient and her friend seems the perfect time. He gets to lay his hands on her delectable legs as he slides the bride's garter up her thigh, and he just might make it to the promised land. Right...but nope, he didn't count on her defenses or her complete and total sass. Sass that he ends up loving. But first he'll have to scale the miles high walls she's erected around her heart, around her entire being. Poor Mac...
I wanted to love No White Knight, and I did end up liking it, sorta. The first half maybe. But Taylor's sass actually got a little old to me, which is a first for me because normally I dig it when the heroine is all kinds of feisty and fiery - doormats are an absolute no no for this woman. But Taylor's back and forth, hot and cold attitude started to wear on me and I swear on my Bible that I ended up with a huge headache by about the middle of the book. It's not that I hated No White Knight or anything. It just bogged down and I couldn't see the forest for the trees, or more accurately, I couldn't see how Taylor was going to ever make me fall in love with her the way Mac obviously had. Taylor was a p i t a. Seriously. I don't know how poor Mac put up with her bitchy attitude. I get that she was damaged by her mother's ridiculous ways, but really, she took it too far, wayyyy too far. We've all got baggage, but the way she dealt with that baggage was just this short of ridiculous. Time for her to grow up!
I do admit that I am perhaps interested in whether she'll woman up and get her head out of her ass, so I just may read the next installment in their obviously bumpy journey, but it'll depend upon whether or not I have enough Tylenol on hand that day for the headache that I'm sure to develop while reading.
ARC via Bare Naked Words.
#bookreview #newrelease #NoWhiteKnight #AngelPayne #VictoriaBlue #SecretsOfStoneSeries #bookseries #contemporaryromance #romance #cliffhanger #ARC #BareNakedWords



Comments
Post a Comment