Skip to main content

Review: My One Despair by Claudia Burgoa

Review of My One Despair by Claudia Burgoa



I have to admit I came into this fully expecting to not really like Tess because she was such a horrendous little twat in My One Regret. Thank God Claudia Burgoa knew better than to have Tess stagnate and not grow because here in her own story, Tess is pretty great.


Gage and Tess used to have something pretty beautiful. It was passionate and intense and just what Tess and Gage needed at that point in their lives. Suddenly their world was upended, though, and Tess did what she thought was best, and let him go. Ever since they parted, he's kept her in his heart all these years, never forgetting what she had meant to him. When they come back together, he needs her more than he ever did. Will she let him in? Will she offer him the shoulder, the love, the support, he so desperately needs?


I really, really loved My One Despair! It's an emotional roller coaster to be sure, and it's beautiful and heartwrenching and full of angst. Tess comes so far here in her story. From a broken girl not willing to trust or open up, to a confident woman ready and willing to accept the love that Gage has always felt for her. And Gage? Wow, that man is perfect. Perfect for Tess. Perfect. Music may have been his passion for so long, but Tess was his soul!


It was great to see Kaden and some of the cast of My One Regret again. I hope they're going to be sticking around. And I hope there is even more to come in this rockstar world that Claudia has created and that Kaden, Sadie, Gage, Tess and all the cast get more story time.

ARC via Give Me Books Promotions.


#bookreview #MyOneDespair #ClaudiaBurgoa #secondchanceromance #contemporaryromance #newrelease #ARC #GiveMeBooksPromotions

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...