Review of A Whirlwind of Color (The Light to My Darkness Book 2) by Ivy Smoak
After the heartbreaking cliffy at the end of The Light to My Darkness, I was already impatient to get my hands on the next part of James and Penny's story. Now that it's here and I've read it and had time to ruminate on it, I am even more impatient to get to the final part of their story when This Is Love (The Light to My Darkness Book 3) is released.

I have to admit that I wasn't too fond of Penny in this installment. Don't get me wrong, I feel for her, so much. Her life is unrecognizable to her now that she's lost her memory. And she's realizing that the life she thought she had while she was 19 isn't her reality now. But she doesn't handle things well, not like the capable, awesome woman she was after she and James moved to New York. So while her life is unrecognizable to her, SHE is unrecognizable to me in this installment, and I can't say I liked it very much. But if I didn't much like Penny here, I still loved James, and felt so badly for him, as he looks at the woman he loves more than life itself, who doesn't love him anymore, doesn't even recognize him.
"It’s hard to breathe when I look at you and you don’t look at me the same in return.”
So now I'm waiting very impatiently for James and Penny to get back to where they were before Dr. Nelson stole everything from them. January cannot come soon enough for this James and Penny lover!!!
ARC via author.
#bookreview #AWhirlwindOfColor #IvySmoak #TheLightToMyDarknessSeries #JamesAndPenny #ProfessorHunter #ARC
After the heartbreaking cliffy at the end of The Light to My Darkness, I was already impatient to get my hands on the next part of James and Penny's story. Now that it's here and I've read it and had time to ruminate on it, I am even more impatient to get to the final part of their story when This Is Love (The Light to My Darkness Book 3) is released.

I have to admit that I wasn't too fond of Penny in this installment. Don't get me wrong, I feel for her, so much. Her life is unrecognizable to her now that she's lost her memory. And she's realizing that the life she thought she had while she was 19 isn't her reality now. But she doesn't handle things well, not like the capable, awesome woman she was after she and James moved to New York. So while her life is unrecognizable to her, SHE is unrecognizable to me in this installment, and I can't say I liked it very much. But if I didn't much like Penny here, I still loved James, and felt so badly for him, as he looks at the woman he loves more than life itself, who doesn't love him anymore, doesn't even recognize him.
So now I'm waiting very impatiently for James and Penny to get back to where they were before Dr. Nelson stole everything from them. January cannot come soon enough for this James and Penny lover!!!
ARC via author.
#bookreview #AWhirlwindOfColor #IvySmoak #TheLightToMyDarknessSeries #JamesAndPenny #ProfessorHunter #ARC




Comments
Post a Comment