Review of His Seductive Love (Cuffs and Spurs Book 6) by Anya Summers
When Dr. Layla Walker meets her new patient's owner, it's a less than pleasant meeting, considering he mistook her for a tourist and told her to leave his ranch. Even when she informed him she was the new vet, he wasn't all that welcoming, thinking she wasn't up to the challenge of helping his mare birth her foal. Layla was used to chauvinistic attitudes, both in her profession, and the in the lifestyle she was entrenched in. But when Alex kisses her after the foal is born, it stays in both their minds. So much so that when days later Spencer tells Layla she needs to scene with a Dom or leave the club, and the Dom he chooses is Alex, it's no hardship for either sub or Dom.
It seems a relationship may be developing between the two after the first time they scene together and find their attraction can't be denied. But Layla has deep insecurities thanks to a horrific accident in her past, and Alex has his own set of insecurities brought upon by his mother's abandonment. Will these two ever get on the same page? Can Alex help Layla get past her bone deep fear of getting back on a horse? Can Layla be the sub Alex needs and wants as his father's dementia further erodes his mind?
I mostly enjoyed His Seductive Love but there was once again the author's cheesy choice of words for certain parts of the male body, (I mean come on, the word member is not an acceptable term for cock, EVER!) which has been a problem in every book of hers I've read. And honestly, even though their chemistry is hot and steamy, I'm not sure I believed their connection was that strong outside the physical. The ending was really rushed, too, making me further doubt the strength of their connection. So, not the best story by this author that I've read, but not the worst either, so 3.5 stars seems fair.
ARC via Booksprout.
#bookreview #HisSeductiveLove #CuffsAndSpursSeries #AnyaSummers #BDSM #kinky #Ds #veterinarian #cowboy #Booksprout #ARC
When Dr. Layla Walker meets her new patient's owner, it's a less than pleasant meeting, considering he mistook her for a tourist and told her to leave his ranch. Even when she informed him she was the new vet, he wasn't all that welcoming, thinking she wasn't up to the challenge of helping his mare birth her foal. Layla was used to chauvinistic attitudes, both in her profession, and the in the lifestyle she was entrenched in. But when Alex kisses her after the foal is born, it stays in both their minds. So much so that when days later Spencer tells Layla she needs to scene with a Dom or leave the club, and the Dom he chooses is Alex, it's no hardship for either sub or Dom.
It seems a relationship may be developing between the two after the first time they scene together and find their attraction can't be denied. But Layla has deep insecurities thanks to a horrific accident in her past, and Alex has his own set of insecurities brought upon by his mother's abandonment. Will these two ever get on the same page? Can Alex help Layla get past her bone deep fear of getting back on a horse? Can Layla be the sub Alex needs and wants as his father's dementia further erodes his mind?
I mostly enjoyed His Seductive Love but there was once again the author's cheesy choice of words for certain parts of the male body, (I mean come on, the word member is not an acceptable term for cock, EVER!) which has been a problem in every book of hers I've read. And honestly, even though their chemistry is hot and steamy, I'm not sure I believed their connection was that strong outside the physical. The ending was really rushed, too, making me further doubt the strength of their connection. So, not the best story by this author that I've read, but not the worst either, so 3.5 stars seems fair.
ARC via Booksprout.
#bookreview #HisSeductiveLove #CuffsAndSpursSeries #AnyaSummers #BDSM #kinky #Ds #veterinarian #cowboy #Booksprout #ARC




Comments
Post a Comment