Skip to main content

Review: The Scripted Duet (Unscripted & Perfectly Scripted) by Christy Pastore

Review of The Scripted Duet (Unscripted & Perfectly Scripted) by Christy Pastore




Unscripted: 4 stars.



In part 1 of The Scripted Duet, Unscripted, we meet our couple, Holliday & Ronan, when his adorable daughters immediately find a connection with Holliday in the lobby of the York Hotel. Of course, Ronan, being the arrogant Hollywood star that he is, immediately suspects Holliday of having an angle when he sees how much she was enjoying her meeting with his daughters. Men... but Holliday, being the awesome character she is, immediately puts him in his place, and the soon after, the chase is on as Ronan realizes just how much he wants the feisty, beautiful Holliday.


I loved Unscripted. The chemistry between Holliday and Ronan is electric, and more importantly, Holliday is the perfect match for Ronan and the perfect person to keep him on his cocky toes and bring him to his knees. Holliday in particular, stood out in this first installment, and I loved finding out her backstory. She's so strong, and has gone through so much at the point where she meets Ronan, and I love that she didn't just simper at his feet the way he was expecting.

Perfectly Scripted: 5 stars.



In Perfectly Scripted Holliday starts off having decided to fight for their relationship, rather than to run away as she did at the end of Unscripted. The conclusion of The Scripted Duet is even stronger than the first installment, with the two having a more solid connection, and deciding to stay together. Their pasts are laid bare to each other, and they fall even deeper than before. I love how perfectly matched they are, but how strong individually they are, too. In the first part of their story, Holliday shone and stood out for me. Here in Perfectly Scripted, Ronan was the star in my eyes. His sexy but vulnerable alpha mode was in full affect and the way he loved Holliday and watched out for and took care of her, all while acknowledging, and loving, how strong she was, was swoon worthy!


Ronan and Holliday's story is sexy, swoony and perfectly told. I love that this was re-released and given new covers, because it really is a wonderful romance with two amazing characters that everyone should get a chance to read!


ARC via Foreword PR & Marketing.


#bookreview #TheScripteDuet #Unscripted #PerfectlyScripted #ChristyPastore #Hollywood #singledad #rerelease #contemporaryromance #ForewordPRMarketing #ARC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...