Skip to main content

Review: Taming Fire (Braving the Heat Book 2) by Leora Gonzales

Review of Taming Fire (Braving the Heat Book 2) by Leora Gonzales



Louise is startled when her back gate is knocked down by a bunch of firefighters while she's in her backyard trying to enjoy her fire pit along with some wine and chocolate. Her nephew had seen the fire and called 911. Oops. But it was pretty fortunate because she met Nix (Phoenix), the hot firefighter who lead the crash into her backyard. When Nix comes back to fix her gate the next day, Lou's not exactly at her best, but Nix is still so smitten that he asks her out. Well...he doesn't really ASK as much as demand, and it gets Lou's back up. She's not one to be bossed around, so no is her only answer to his command.


Thankfully fate has other things in mind for them, and their mutual friends invite them both to a barbecue. Maybe Nix can do things right this time because he still wants Lou and he knows she wants him, too. But can Lou submit to being bossed around in the bedroom, and keep her independence outside the bedroom?


I liked Taming Fire much more than I liked the other book I've read in this series, Melting Snow. Nix and Lou are a hot couple and the way they work through their issues as a couple makes for a very entertaining read. If you like hot firefighter romances with a bossy alpha and a sassy heroine, Taming Fire should definitely be on your TBR list.


ARC via NetGalley.


#bookreview #TamingFire #LeoraGonzales #BravingTheHeatSeries #firefighter #newrelease #contemporaryromance #NetGalley #ARC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...