Skip to main content

Review: You've Got Male (Chick Flick Club Book 2) by Lila Monroe

Review of You've Got Male (Chick Flick Club Book 2) by Lila Monroe



Zoey's got big culinary dreams. So she's not about to allow some guy to take them away from her. No matter that Cam is hotter than a chef has a right to be. No matter that she's finding he just may not be the evil prankster she's been thinking he is. Can these two rival chefs make the flame between them burn more than in just the kitchen?


I liked You've Got Male but I gotta admit it isn't exactly my style of rom-com. For one, it's a bit chick lit-ish, and while amusing, chick lit is not my type of romance. I prefer edgier, heavier romance. For two, I didn't totally, or really at all, connect with Zoey and Cam. I liked them, thought they were fun, but they and their story were a bit fluffy for my tastes. Still, for what it is, You've Got Male is an entertaining read. It's cute, sexy, fun and light-hearted enough for those that don't dig deep, emotional stuff like I do.

ARC via Give Me Books Promotions.


#bookreview #YouveGotMale #ChickFlickSeries #LilaMonroe #romcom #romanticcomedy #hotchefs #newrelease #GiveMeBooksPromotions #ARC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...