Review of The Hardest Route by A.S. Teague
When Brooke's one night stand in Vegas gives her a permanent reminder, she's unsure how to proceed. After all, she doesn't even really know Griffin, just that he gave her the hottest night of her life and that he is apparently the league's newest, hottest wide receiver. Beyond that, he could be anyone. So how can they co-parent a child together if they don't even know each other?
Well, they do it as a long-distance team. A team of just friends, though, because honestly, they can't be a couple because they don't know each other aside from having a child together. But somehow over the next several years, they become everything to each other aside from lovers. They confide in each other, they are the first one each of them calls when they're having a problem, and they talk every day, even if it's just via FaceTime. And then something changes in their relationship, and Griffin wants more, realizes he feels more. Will Brooke see things the way he does, or will she run from what's obvious?
And what about when the worst thing that could possibly happen, happens just when Griff claims Brooke, something he should have done from day 1. Will they get the future they and their daughter deserve? Will she take the easy way out or the best way, the route that Griffin always takes?
"You don't get to pick the easiest fucking route, Brooke. ... "We pick the hardest route, Brooke. The hardest route. This is no different. We're picking the ... won't see coming."
I liked The Hardest Route. It's heartfelt and sweet. It's not the steamiest thing I've read lately, and their slow burn dragged on way too long, to the point that I was a bit bored in the middle, but all in all, I enjoyed Griff and Brooke's story. I'm hoping there are stories coming for Griff's friends, especially if one of them is with Brooke's friend, Mel, who is awesome!
ARC via Social Butterfly PR.
#bookreview #TheHardestRoute #ASTeague #football #onenightstand #coparents #contemporaryromance #newrelease #SocialButterflyPR #ARC
THE HARDEST ROUTE
Well, they do it as a long-distance team. A team of just friends, though, because honestly, they can't be a couple because they don't know each other aside from having a child together. But somehow over the next several years, they become everything to each other aside from lovers. They confide in each other, they are the first one each of them calls when they're having a problem, and they talk every day, even if it's just via FaceTime. And then something changes in their relationship, and Griffin wants more, realizes he feels more. Will Brooke see things the way he does, or will she run from what's obvious?
And what about when the worst thing that could possibly happen, happens just when Griff claims Brooke, something he should have done from day 1. Will they get the future they and their daughter deserve? Will she take the easy way out or the best way, the route that Griffin always takes?
"You don't get to pick the easiest fucking route, Brooke. ... "We pick the hardest route, Brooke. The hardest route. This is no different. We're picking the ... won't see coming."
I liked The Hardest Route. It's heartfelt and sweet. It's not the steamiest thing I've read lately, and their slow burn dragged on way too long, to the point that I was a bit bored in the middle, but all in all, I enjoyed Griff and Brooke's story. I'm hoping there are stories coming for Griff's friends, especially if one of them is with Brooke's friend, Mel, who is awesome!
ARC via Social Butterfly PR.
#bookreview #TheHardestRoute #ASTeague #football #onenightstand #coparents #contemporaryromance #newrelease #SocialButterflyPR #ARC






Comments
Post a Comment