Review of Kiss and Break Up by Ella Fields
Peggy and Dash (Dashiell) have been best friends since they were babies. Their moms used to be best friends, so it was only natural their two children were close. From the start, Dash was pushy and unbelievably rude and obnoxious, but there was just something about him that Peggy loved. And so it goes their whole lives into high school. Then Peggy starts changing and Dash is quite unhappy about it. He's noticed her beauty forever now, but never made a move, but behind her back had made it known to all the other boys around that Peggy was his and for them to stay away. Until a guy started pushing back and making moves on Peggy. What's a cocky asshole like Dash to do when faced with losing the only person he loves? Well, Dash does Dash and acts like the jackass he is, and things change between him and Peggy.
Then there's a whole lotta teenager-ish angst, some tears, lots of heightened emotions, and finally, finally, Dash and Peggy settle into their new relationship.
"It was too much. She was too much. Too much of everything I'd never known I'd need."
But that's when it ends, and I gotta say I wasn't very happy about the ending because it was a bit abrupt and didn't give the definitive HEA that I wanted for these two. I would love it if Ella Fields were to write a followup because their relationship had been so volatile until the end that I have a feeling their future isn't exactly set in stone. Aside from the incomplete feeling I got at the end, though, I loved Kiss and Break Up. It's fun and entertaining, and Peggy and Dash have one of those relationships that we can all relate to, even long after we've grown out of our teenaged selves. Dash was an obnoxious douche, but he was lovable in his own way, and Peggy was definitely the teen girl all us women once were.
ARC via Social Butterfly.
#bookreview #KissAndBreakUp #EllaFields #bestfriends #firstlove #teenlove #firstlove #angstyaf #friendstolovers #YoungAdult #newrelease #SocialButterflyPR #ARC
KISS AND BREAK UP
Then there's a whole lotta teenager-ish angst, some tears, lots of heightened emotions, and finally, finally, Dash and Peggy settle into their new relationship.
"It was too much. She was too much. Too much of everything I'd never known I'd need."
But that's when it ends, and I gotta say I wasn't very happy about the ending because it was a bit abrupt and didn't give the definitive HEA that I wanted for these two. I would love it if Ella Fields were to write a followup because their relationship had been so volatile until the end that I have a feeling their future isn't exactly set in stone. Aside from the incomplete feeling I got at the end, though, I loved Kiss and Break Up. It's fun and entertaining, and Peggy and Dash have one of those relationships that we can all relate to, even long after we've grown out of our teenaged selves. Dash was an obnoxious douche, but he was lovable in his own way, and Peggy was definitely the teen girl all us women once were.
ARC via Social Butterfly.
#bookreview #KissAndBreakUp #EllaFields #bestfriends #firstlove #teenlove #firstlove #angstyaf #friendstolovers #YoungAdult #newrelease #SocialButterflyPR #ARC



Comments
Post a Comment