Skip to main content

Release Blitz: Educating Ella (Daddies of the Castle: A Masters of the Castle Anthology) by Katie Douglas


Can their relationship ever survive beyond the castle's walls?
Find out in Educating Ella by Katie Douglas ... AVAILABLE NOW!!

Get it ONLY on Amazon as a part of Daddies of the Castle: A Masters of the Castle Anthology
Amazon US → https://amzn.to/33VCGc1
Amazon UK → https://amzn.to/32Ihiqv
Amazon CA → https://amzn.to/2BEutx2
Amazon AU → https://amzn.to/2Pl8RNU
Or read for #FREE in KindleUnlimited!!!

BLURB
Welcome back to the Castle.
After almost a year of construction, the Castle looms on the cusp of its grand reopening. The only problem is, it isn’t ready. Something is up with the construction crew Marshall had hired to get them back to full working order. So when, two days before guests are due to arrive, the construction company bails, leaving Marshall with a Castle that is barely functional, he is forced to do the unthinkable. He calls in outside help in the form of any contract laborer who will answer his call.

In addition to Wanting Winona, a full-length story by Maren Smith, eight of the hottest authors have teamed up to bring you seven brand new novellas including:

Educating Ella by Katie Douglas

When mischievous Ella picks up the wrong phone by mistake, she finds herself under the watchful gaze of a stern British billionaire daddy, who intends to teach her how naughty schoolgirls should behave. But how can their relationship ever survive beyond the castle's walls?
ADD TO YOUR TBR → http://bit.ly/2W8PaKN

MY REVIEW

Ella needs some time away from her real life. Life after divorce and dealing with her mother's outdated, pretentious views on how she should be living her life. So a trip to the Castle is in order. There she'll get some much needed discipline and order to be restored in her mind. She didn't expect to meet a proper Brit, Idris, set on forging something meaningful with her. Can Ella allow herself something real when her crazy schedule isn't really conducive to a healthy relationship?

I liked Educating Ella, but it just missed the mark a little for me. It wasn't terrible or anything, but it lacked substance and just when I thought Ella and Idris were getting into something with meat, it ended. Probably because this is just a short story meant for an anthology, but it was still too short for me to feel a strong connection between the characters. I did appreciate that Ella is Chinese, and I liked that she stood up to her mother's ridiculously outdated ideas, and I liked Idris what little I got of him, but all in all, this story is too short for me to have gotten to know them well enough. Hopefully more will be coming for these two. If so, I am interested to see where the author takes them.

About Katie Douglas
USA Today and worldwide number 1 bestselling author Katie Douglas is the sort of incorrigible British girl you'd find at St Trinian's. She recently quit her job as a school librarian in China to write steamy romance full-time, and loves reading and writing books filled with steamy alphas with hearts of gold. She prefers cozy diners to fancy restaurants, coffee or whisky to champagne, and sometimes she adults.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...