Skip to main content

Review: Murder Aforethought (Cabrini Law #2) by Parker St. John

Review: Murder Aforethought (Cabrini Law #2) by Parker St. John

MURDER AFORETHOUGHT (CABRINI LAW #2)
The day Maksim (Maks) took on Valentine Rivetti's case was the day that changed his life. He may have been on top of the law heap, with success and a thriving career, but he didn't have what Valentine would soon bring to his life - love.

Valentine had always been told he wasn't good enough, wasn't smart enough, wasn't enough. He went into the military thinking that and he came out believing that even more. And now he's under investigation for murder, being blackmailed by someone and coerced into something he wants nothing to do with. He's at the end of his rope. Then along comes a gorgeous savior in a fine suit and icy eyes. But Maks will become his everything if Val will allow him in, allow him to protect him the way Maks longs to, has to.


I FREAKING LOVE this fast-paced, intriguing story. Maks and Val are a fascinating couple - opposites in many ways, years apart in age, but bringing something that each needs to the other. This is truly a beautiful story with two beautiful men. I don't always enjoy age gap love, but it's so well done here, they fit each other seamlessly. The action is just enough without being too much and it brings Reese, fascinating Reese, into the picture. I need his story next! I can't wait for the next Cabrini Law story because I've fallen in love with this one and the world it inhabits.

ARC via LesCourt ARC Team.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...