Skip to main content

Review/Blog Tour: Daddy Issues: A Single Dad Romance by Liv Morris

Daddy-Issues-BT-Banner.jpg
“Deliciously steamy!”--Helena Hunting, New York Times bestselling author
Daddy Issues, an all-new, irresistible single dad romance from USA Today bestselling author Liv Morris, is available now!
LMDaddyIssuesBookCover6x9_MEDIUM-new.jpg
A single billionaire, a young nanny, and a surprise baby.
My life was ordered. Smooth and neat like my scotch. I had arranged relationships with a beginning and an end. No romantic attachments was my motto.
Then I met Maggie. A beautiful, young woman trying to find her place in the gritty world of Manhattan. She deserved more than a jaded man like me, so I let her walk away.
But fate stepped in and an ex-lover surprised me with a baby she claimed was mine. Desperate I hired a well-recommended nanny sight unseen. When she knocked at the door of my penthouse, I opened it to find Maggie standing on the other side.
I watched Maggie lovingly care for my child and wanted to learn to be a father to my daughter. But having Maggie so close was dangerous. She was a terrifying ray of sunshine that threatened to thaw my frozen heart.
I needed her for my child.
At least that’s what I told myself.
Until it was too late.
MY REVIEW
What's that they say about opposites attract? That's exactly what happens when a cold, controlled (on the outside) billionaire meets a cheerful, attention wandering sweetheart of a young woman. There's an instant attraction on both their parts, and Maggie's (Magnolia) all for pursuing it, but she walks away instead. But then circumstances force her back into his life and they go from there.

Where do they go? Well, more of the same. Lucas trying to restrain himself from falling for the free spirited Maggie, and failing miserably. And Maggie reveling in her new relationship even as she tries her best to help Lucas heal from the singular incident in his past that has frozen his emotional maturity and his heart in a case of ice.

I mostly really enjoyed Daddy Issues. Maggie in particular, is a joy to read, with her big heart and cheerful, compassionate nature. Lucas is a bit too surly for my tastes, but considering his past, he has every right to be stunted emotionally. The opposites attract theme certainly worked well here.
Daddy Issues AN.jpg
Download your copy today or read FREE in Kindle Unlimited!

Excerpt

I discovered a new species of male in Manhattan: men in suits. They were everywhere. Walking down the street. Riding the subway. Standing in line for coffee right behind me. The city was a yummy box of man candy, and I had a hard time passing up the sweets.

I appraised the latest suit as he ordered coffee. He was a head taller than everyone else. Light scruff scattered across his tight, slice-of-country-ham jawline in a perfect touch of masculinity.

He wore a midnight blue power suit paired with a sky-colored tie. Gold cufflinks peeked out of his sleeves, with a faceted diamond that needed its own zip code.

I lowered my gaze to the cut of his pants. Tight. Euro. My preferred country when it came to men’s clothing. I loved the sporty Abercrombie look in college, but New York City converted me to brands like Armani and Hugo Boss. Tailored. Slick. Just like him. He resembled an Abercrombie model all grown up, the best of both worlds.
Mr. Armani pushed his fingers through his perfectly styled hair, but every strand resumed its previous position. Was this the kind of sorcery men in suits possessed?
PAINTED LIPS Best Logo
About Liv Morris
USA Today bestselling author Liv Morris resides in Manhattan with her first and hopefully last husband. She received a degree in communication from the University of Maryland. Liv has published many short stories for her Love in the City series (now a box set) and is featured in numerous anthologies.
Connect with Liv
Facebook Reader Group: http://bit.ly/2km4XYh
Stay up to date with Liv by joining her mailing list: http://bit.ly/2lS9AK7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Blitz: The Challenge by Penelope Ward

Title: The Challenge: A Single Dad Romance Author: Penelope Ward Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance Tropes: Single Dad, Second Chance, Forced Proximity Friends to Lovers, Small Town, Found Family Release Date: August 30, 2026 BLURB From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward comes a new, STANDALONE contemporary romance… Nothing says welcome home like accidentally moving in with your first heartbreak…and his little girl. Coming back to my small Wyoming hometown was supposed to be temporary. I only planned to stay long enough to help my ailing mother and sort through the mess of my family’s old belongings. Instead, I somehow ended up living in Evan Ricci’s house. The single dad now owned a bunch of properties and one of them was the place I’d rented. He’d taken it off the market and moved in before I got there. I just never got the memo. Unfortunately, there was no other place in town available, so Evan let me stay. Evan—the guy my parents took in years a...

You TV series

Wow, hubby and I watched You on Lifetime last night. It was creepy and suspenseful. Hubby likened it to Dexter , and I have to agree. Penn Badgley was on point - creepy, stalkery, but fascinating. I didn't think too much of Elizabeth Lail's acting, but I'm not sure if it was just that her character was bland, or if it was truly bad acting. Can't wait for next week!

Review / Release Blitz: Because You're Mine by S.A. Clayton

NEW RELEASE Release Date: February 21 Buy Here Quinn can’t see a way out of this mess. Her uncle just passed away, leaving her his struggling pub and she’s fighting to keep her head above water. The only bright spot of her days is when Wes comes in. Wes, the boy that she had a crush on in high school and who just moved back to town. When Wes asks her out, she wonders if she can really handle a new relationship on top of everything else on her plate. Wes can’t stay away. He just got back to town and has been stopping by Quinn’s pub every night for a chance to see the feisty woman that he’s always had a crush on. When he sees how stressed she is, all he wants to do is help, but Quinn turns him down. When Wes goes behind her back to help, will Quinn be able to forgive him or will Wes lose the girl of his dreams? MY REVIEW Quinn doesn't know why her old high school crush, Wes, keeps hanging out at her bar every night, but she does know it's not because ...