Review: Protecting What's Mine by Lucy Score
Mackenzie (Mac "Dreamy") O'Neil is damaged from a horrible childhood filled with an alcoholic mother and an evil addict for a sister. She's independent and not used to showing her emotions. This has served her well in the military, but she's no longer in the military. No, she's in the small town of Benevolence for 6 months to lie low and learn the ins and outs of family practice before she heads back to her real life. But after meeting a gorgeous firefighter on the scene of a horrible accident, watching his heroic and swoon worthy efforts to save the victims, suddenly she's experiencing a resurgence of hormones and *gasp* feelings deep inside her heart. Now it's up to her to decide if she wants to let Chief Sexy Pants into her life and heart.
I swooned while reading Protecting What's Mine, freaking swooned I tell ya! Sweet, flirty, heroic Linc and strong but damaged Mac are really perfect for each other. The way they won each over was just so sweet and sexy and I fell in love with both of them. The cast of people (and pets) they surround themselves with, the people who loved their new doctor and their Chief, well they're just as wonderful as the leads, and I can't wait for this to turn into a series so I can get to know all of them too.
ARC via Enticing Journey Book Promotions.
PROTECTING WHAT'S MINE
Fire Chief Lincoln (Linc "Hotshot") Reed and Doctor Dreamy's first meeting is not under the best of circumstances - a horrific car accident on the highway that ends up leaving Linc with a bum shoulder and burns on his hand. But it's fortuitous because the first time Linc lay eyes on her, he was smitten and determined to get the seemingly immune to his charms doctor in his life and in his bed.Mackenzie (Mac "Dreamy") O'Neil is damaged from a horrible childhood filled with an alcoholic mother and an evil addict for a sister. She's independent and not used to showing her emotions. This has served her well in the military, but she's no longer in the military. No, she's in the small town of Benevolence for 6 months to lie low and learn the ins and outs of family practice before she heads back to her real life. But after meeting a gorgeous firefighter on the scene of a horrible accident, watching his heroic and swoon worthy efforts to save the victims, suddenly she's experiencing a resurgence of hormones and *gasp* feelings deep inside her heart. Now it's up to her to decide if she wants to let Chief Sexy Pants into her life and heart.
I swooned while reading Protecting What's Mine, freaking swooned I tell ya! Sweet, flirty, heroic Linc and strong but damaged Mac are really perfect for each other. The way they won each over was just so sweet and sexy and I fell in love with both of them. The cast of people (and pets) they surround themselves with, the people who loved their new doctor and their Chief, well they're just as wonderful as the leads, and I can't wait for this to turn into a series so I can get to know all of them too.
ARC via Enticing Journey Book Promotions.






Comments
Post a Comment